About This Chapter
Business Environment Overview - Chapter Summary
If you are looking for a recap of business environments, allow this chapter to provide you with a general overview. Our instructors have assembled this chapter to elaborate on the various aspects that influence business environments. The instructors even include a detailed discussion about each environment type. When you reach the end of the chapter, you will be ready to:
- Describe the business environment and related factors
- Identify key factors and the types of external business environments
- Define the domestic environment and provide an overview of this concept
- Explain the purpose and process of a SWOT analysis
Many of the chapters on our site use engaging video lessons to go over key topics. The video lessons make you feel as if you are in your own private classroom. As you watch, you will hear the instructor discuss commerce concepts and see those concepts portrayed on the screen. Like any video, you can pause as needed, rewind, and even fast-forward. The majority of our videos even come equipped with a timeline feature that lets you jump to the topics you want to review.
1. What Is Business Environment? - Definition & Factors
Businesses do not operate in a vacuum; they operate in an environment. In this lesson, you'll learn about the business environment, including what makes it up. A short quiz follows the lesson.
2. What is an External Environment in Business? - Definition, Types & Factors
What leads to the success of a business? Does it all come from within the company? No, business environments and how companies react to external factors are key to their success. In this lesson, you'll take a look at these external environments and test your new knowledge with a quiz.
3. Domestic Environment in Business: Definition & Overview
Owning a business means you must decide if you want to enter international markets. This lesson reviews the domestic environment in business. You will see the advantages and disadvantages, as well as how it compares to the international environment.
4. What is a SWOT Analysis?
In the business world, as in many other places, decisions aren't made lightly. Rather, management spends a long time considering the pros and cons of every choice. This lesson will teach you about one of the key ways they do that, the SWOT analysis.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ISC Commerce: Study Guide & Syllabus course
- Introduction to Indian Commercial Organization
- Forms of Indian Business Organizations
- Social Responsibility of Businesses
- Emerging Modes of Business
- Stock Exchange in India
- Types of Trade
- Understanding Foreign Trade
- Insurance & Risk Management Basics
- Types of Financing
- Management Theories & Functions
- Marketing in India
- ISC Commerce Flashcards