About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering business ethics material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about business ethics. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding corporate social responsibility or steps in the ethical decision-making process
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning business (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about business ethics
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra business learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the business ethics chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the business ethics chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any business ethics question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a business ethics unit of a standard business management course. Topics covered include:
- Arguments for and against corporate responsibility
- Compliance- and integrity-based ethical codes
- Steps in the ethical decision-making process
- Marketing ethics and the three levels of ethical development
- Human resources ethical issues
1. Business Ethics in Contemporary Businesses
The concept of ethics is easy to give examples of but hard to define. In this lesson, we will discuss ethics and how they apply in the business world, as well as discuss an example of an ethical situation using Enron.
2. Business Ethics: Corporate Social Responsibility
Now that companies are concerned with society's welfare, corporate social responsibility is a controversial topic. In this lesson, learn the two theories of social responsibility and the arguments for and against the practice.
3. Code of Ethics: Compliance-based and Integrity-based
A business may develop a code of ethics for different reasons. In this lesson, you'll learn what a code of ethics is and the difference between a compliance-based code of ethics and an integrity-based code of ethics.
4. Ethical Decision Making
We have to make decisions every day, and many of these decisions have an ethical dimension. In this lesson, you'll learn about ethical decision-making and a process you can use to make ethically sound decisions. A short quiz follows.
5. Ethical Behavior in Marketing: What Are Marketing Ethics?
Watch our lesson to learn the definition of ethics and how it relates to business and marketing. You will also learn about the idea of ethical business behavior.
6. Ethical Issues in HR: Definition & Importance
Unethical behavior from a business can create problems with regulators and have adverse effects on a company's bottom line. In this lesson, you'll learn about ethical issues relevant to HR and the importance of ethical organizational behavior.
7. What is Morality? - Definition, Principles & Examples
As a society, we try to teach our children the difference between 'right' and 'wrong.' What we are teaching them is really just basic morality. Read on to learn the definition of morality, examine some of its principles, and look at some examples.
8. What Is Managerial Ethics? -Definition & Examples
Managers are called on to make ethical decisions on the job every day. But how do they know they are making the right decision? Let's take a look at managerial ethics and its applications in the workplace.
9. What is the Kyoto Protocol? - Definition, Summary, Pros & Cons
Have you ever thought that year after year the weather seems to be changing for the worse? In the following lesson you will learn about the Kyoto Protocol and how nations are working together to decrease or slow global warming.
10. What is Moral Diplomacy? - Definition & Examples
Moral diplomacy is a type of foreign policy that greatly influenced the way that the United States worked with countries that were non-democratic. This impacted the economy and businesses operating in those regions.
11. What is the Moral Majority? - Definition & Issues
This lesson focuses on the Moral Majority organization started by Jerry Falwell in 1979. The organization was founded to give evangelical Christians a stronger voice in American politics.
12. Virtue Ethics in the Workplace: Approach & Examples
Virtue ethics in the workplace is based on each individual employee's virtues and how those virtues affect their behavior within the work environment. This lesson will provide an overview of virtue ethics and offer some examples.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business Management: Help & Review course
- Introduction to Management: Help & Review
- Leadership Types and Styles: Help & Review
- Individual Decision Making
- Motivation Theory: Help & Review
- Management Theory: Help & Review
- Strategic Management: Help & Review
- Human Resources Management: Help & Review
- Labor Relations: Help & Review
- Managerial Accounting: Help & Review
- International Business Management: Help & Review
- Tuition Reimbursement: Help & Review
- Using Kanban in Business Management: Help & Review
- Accounting Basics for Entrepreneurs
- Business Law for Entrepreneurs
- Contract Enforcement & Administration
- U.S. Labor Law in the Private Sector Post-1960
- HR Management
- Rights, Ethics & Employment