About This Chapter
Business Ethics & Marketing Strategy - Chapter Summary
The lessons in this chapter provide an overview of business ethics and marketing strategy. You can study and gain a clearer understanding of marketing ethics. An instructor will also cover social responsibility. After completing the chapter, you should be prepared to:
- Differentiate between business ethics and social responsibility
- Provide a definition for ethical behavior in marketing
- Discuss ethics and cause-related marketing
- Outline how ethics can be incorporated into a marketing strategy
- Explain how ethical marketing impacts consumers
Mobile-friendly and engaging, these lessons on business ethics and marketing strategy offer helpful examples so that you can grasp the concepts presented. Each lesson is accompanied by a brief quiz to gauge how much of the information you can remember. Optimize use of this resource by printing the quiz in worksheet form to study offline.
1. Business Ethics & Social Responsibility: Definition & Differences
Businesses are faced with many responsibilities including business ethics and social responsibility. This lesson will examine both concepts and differentiate between the two.
2. Ethical Behavior in Marketing: What Are Marketing Ethics?
Watch our lesson to learn the definition of ethics and how it relates to business and marketing. You will also learn about the idea of ethical business behavior.
3. Ethics and Cause-Related Marketing
Do you avoid a specific store entrance when people are collecting money for charity outside? In this video, you will learn more about social responsibility and, specifically, the growth of cause-related marketing.
4. Impact of Ethical Marketing on Consumers
Making ethical decisions in your marketing practice can result in myriad benefits for both your brand and your consumers. In this lesson, you'll learn more about ethical marketing practices.
5. Incorporating Ethics Into Marketing Strategy
Every company wants to sell their product and will use marketing strategies to do so. This lesson will take a look at how to stay ethical when creating a marketing strategy.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TExES Marketing 6-12 (275): Practice & Study Guide course
- Introduction to Business Management
- Organization & Management in Business
- Business Law & Regulation
- Business & Governmental Regulation
- Entrepreneurship & Types of Businesses
- Marketing & Financial Plans in Business
- Accounting Basics for Business
- Risk Management & Credit-Based Relationships
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Consumer Behavior & Decision Making
- Research for Marketing
- Demographics in Marketing Research
- Web & Media Marketing
- Product Planning & Promotion
- Advertising, Sales & Promotion in Marketing
- Product Development & Distribution
- Selling & Pricing Strategies
- Marketing & the Global Economy
- Sustainable & International Marketing
- Introduction to International Trade
- Public Relations for Business
- Business Leadership & Decision-Making
- Marketing Data Analysis
- Business Math Applications
- Business Technology & Information Systems
- Technology & Tools for Marketing
- Marketing & E-Commerce
- Marketing Education
- Laying the Foundation for a Marketing Career
- Establishing Professionalism at Work
- Marketing Instruction & Assessment
- TExES Marketing 6-12 Flashcards