About This Chapter
Business & Governmental Regulation - Chapter Summary
Get ready to explore the interactions between businesses and government regulations with this chapter. You can review how and why the government regulates the economy with these lessons. Make the most of your study time by going over different kinds of regulations to make sure you understand them all. Studying this chapter will help you feel confident in your knowledge regarding:
- Economic regulation and deregulation
- Tariffs, taxes and subsidies
- Economic policy and marketing
- Antitrust laws
- Exchange rate changes
These lessons were created by subject-matter specialists who worked to make sure each lesson aides in your studies. You can contact these instructors if you have additional questions about this subject. You'll also be able to access lesson quizzes and a chapter test to make sure your understanding of this topic is correct.
1. Governmental Regulation & Deregulation of the Economy
Government regulations affect all aspects of the economy. However, some sectors are subject to specific regulations due to their importance. This lesson explores the purposes and methods of economic regulation and deregulation.
2. What Are Tariffs? - Overview
Nations have an inherent interest in protecting their own producers from foreign competitors. In this lesson, you'll learn how tariffs accomplish that, as well as some of the economic and political implications of tariffs.
3. How the Government Uses Taxes & Subsidies
This lesson will explain how the government uses tax revenue. It will also discuss the purpose of subsidies, as well as public services and infrastructure.
4. Antitrust Law: Definition, Types & Outline
Antitrust laws are statutes developed to protect consumers from rapacious business practices by making it illegal for businesses to compete in unfair ways.
5. Currency Appreciation & Depreciation: Effects of Exchange Rate Changes
Find out how changes in the exchange rate can affect the economy and your own individual situation. Discover how these currency changes can increase and decrease your purchasing power and standard of living.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TExES Marketing 6-12 (275): Practice & Study Guide course
- Introduction to Business Management
- Organization & Management in Business
- Business Law & Regulation
- Entrepreneurship & Types of Businesses
- Marketing & Financial Plans in Business
- Accounting Basics for Business
- Risk Management & Credit-Based Relationships
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Demographics in Marketing Research
- Web & Media Marketing
- Product Planning & Promotion
- Advertising, Sales & Promotion in Marketing
- Product Development & Distribution
- Selling & Pricing Strategies
- Marketing & the Global Economy
- Sustainable & International Marketing
- Introduction to International Trade
- Public Relations for Business
- Business Leadership & Decision-Making
- Marketing Data Analysis
- Business Math Applications
- Business Technology & Information Systems
- Technology & Tools for Marketing
- Marketing & E-Commerce
- Marketing Education
- Laying the Foundation for a Marketing Career
- Establishing Professionalism at Work
- Marketing Instruction & Assessment
- TExES Marketing 6-12 Flashcards