About This Chapter
Business Industries in Australia - Chapter Summary
Australia is a large country in the South Pacific that is also a continent. The lessons in this chapter give you an overview of the different types of economy in this area of the world as well as major economic sectors. They also go more in-depth on the sectors of Australia's economy as well as some of the economic history of Australia. Learn about the development of Australia's hospitality industry and major contributions they make to the world textile markets. Once done, you will be better prepared to:
- Identify the sectors of the world economy
- Discuss examples of each economic sector
- Explain what forms of economic activity take place in Australia
- Describe the various ways the Australian hospitality industry has developed
- Discuss sources of economic growth in Australia
These lessons are presented in a either a video or text-based format and designed with convenience and efficiency in mind. The professional instructors who create them cover key information on a topic in a quick, easy-to-follow way. If you ever want to go over a topic or entire lesson again, the Timeline feature of your account allows you to quickly jump back to a specific point in a lesson.
1. Economies of Australia & the Pacific Islands
After watching this video, you should be able to describe the economies of Australia and the Pacific Islands, including sectors, partnerships and imports/exports. A short quiz will follow.
2. Economic Sectors: Primary, Secondary & Tertiary
This lesson will seek to explain the different sectors of the economy. In doing so, it will concentrate on the primary sector, the secondary sector, and the tertiary sector. It will also highlight the service industry.
3. Quaternary Industry: Definition & Examples
Different people have different jobs, but what does this mean to the national economy? In this lesson, we examine quaternary industries and see how they fit into larger economies.
4. Quinary Sector of Industry: Definition & Examples
How many layers deep? We used to only count three levels of industry. Now, there are five? This lesson will cover the quinary (fifth level) sector of the economy, and provide examples of the types of roles that inhabit this sector.
5. Australian Tertiary, Quaternary & Quinary Industry Growth
Growth in Australia's economy is not limited to service industries, but they lead the way. This lesson will discuss the external influences that have spurred the growth of the tertiary, quaternary, and quinary sectors.
6. Hospitality Industry in Australia
Have you ever considered the destination of Australia? What is the hospitality industry like in Australia? In this lesson we are going to discuss what the hospitality industry is like in Australia and how it affects tourists.
7. Australian Textile Industry
The Australian textile industry has struggled off and on to keep up with Great Britain or the USA in fashion, yet it has managed to become a part of the market and has started to focus on technical textiles as well.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the HSC Business Studies: Exam Prep & Syllabus course
- Nature of Business
- Types of Business
- Influences on Businesses in Australia
- Stakeholders in Business
- Business Cycle
- Global Markets in Business
- Management Skills
- Management Approaches
- Management Processes
- Business Planning & Strategy
- Business Forecasting
- Business Strategies & Values
- Operations Management & Inventory Management
- Scheduling in Operations Management Overview
- Supply Chain Management in Business
- Marketing Roles & Objectives
- Types of Markets
- Influences of Marketing in Australia
- Marketing Information & Research
- Marketing Strategy in Business
- Pricing Strategy in Business
- Promotion in Marketing
- Place & Distribution in Business
- International Marketing Basics
- Business Financing in Australia
- Financial Planning & Implementation
- Financial Monitoring & Control
- Financial Ratios
- Financial Management Overview
- Global Financial Management
- HRM: Human Resources Management
- Employee Acquisition & Development
- Human Resource Metrics & Measurement
- Employee Separation
- Legal Considerations in Australian HR
- HSC Business Studies Flashcards