About This Chapter
Business Leadership & Decision-Making - Chapter Summary
Go through the lessons in this chapter to pick up insightful information about the components of a work team in today's modern business environment. You will get the chance to analyze types of work teams and learn what it means to be a team leader. After using this chapter, you should be comfortable with material relating to:
- Work teams in today's businesses
- Responsibilities of a team leader
- Group decision making in business
- Making decisions in an organizational setting
- Measuring results at work
This chapter includes entertaining videos that are short and have an interactive format. They are taught by professional instructors who are available to answer any questions you may have. There are also lesson transcripts and self-assessment quizzes available, which can be accessed online.
1. The Work Team in Contemporary Business: Definition & Analysis
Contemporary business has thrived with the use of work teams in creating products, solving problems and developing alternatives. There are many ways that work teams add to the productivity and success of a company.
2. What Is a Team Leader? - Description, Role & Responsibilities
Are you interested in becoming a team leader or need to find one for your organization? Read on to learn more about what a team leader is and the various roles and responsibilities that comes with this position.
3. Techniques for Group Decision-Making in Business
Group decision-making is where a group of individuals are brought together in hopes of determining a solution to a problem. The three types of group decision making are nominal, Delphi technique and brainstorming.
4. Measuring & Acknowledging Team Results at Work
In this lesson we explore a few ways to measure and acknowledge team results in the workplace, including a few things to keep in mind when setting workplace goals.
5. Decision Making in Organizations
Information systems support decision making in organizations. Understanding the nature of decision making can help in using information systems more effectively.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TExES Marketing 6-12 (275): Practice & Study Guide course
- Introduction to Business Management
- Organization & Management in Business
- Business Law & Regulation
- Business & Governmental Regulation
- Entrepreneurship & Types of Businesses
- Marketing & Financial Plans in Business
- Accounting Basics for Business
- Risk Management & Credit-Based Relationships
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Business Ethics & Marketing Strategy
- Consumer Behavior & Decision Making
- Research for Marketing
- Demographics in Marketing Research
- Web & Media Marketing
- Product Planning & Promotion
- Advertising, Sales & Promotion in Marketing
- Product Development & Distribution
- Selling & Pricing Strategies
- Marketing & the Global Economy
- Sustainable & International Marketing
- Introduction to International Trade
- Public Relations for Business
- Marketing Data Analysis
- Business Math Applications
- Business Technology & Information Systems
- Technology & Tools for Marketing
- Marketing & E-Commerce
- Marketing Education
- Laying the Foundation for a Marketing Career
- Establishing Professionalism at Work
- Marketing Instruction & Assessment
- TExES Marketing 6-12 Flashcards