About This Chapter
Business Marketing in India - Chapter Summary
While going through these lessons, you can deepen your understanding of business marketing in India. Some of the topics covered include the purpose of a marketing strategy, branding, and steps in the sales process. This self-paced chapter can also help you understand consumer sales promotion and the relationship between exchange and marketing. After reviewing the lessons, you should be ready to:
- Explain how marketing is used to reach consumers
- Distinguish differences between a product and a service
- Discuss the purpose of marketing research
- Recall examples of effective advertising
- Define brand equity in business marketing
- Provide examples of brand loyalty in marketing
- Differentiate between a trademark and a copyright
- Discuss the rights of consumers in India
These lessons can help you quickly get up to speed on business marketing in India. You can use the Help feature to submit questions to instructors if you get stuck on a topic. Depending on your needs, you can study all the lessons for a more comprehensive review or just focus on specific topics.
1. Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications
In this introductory video lesson on marketing, you'll learn what marketing is, how it's used to reach consumers and why it's important to businesses. You'll also see how exchange is related to marketing.
2. Products & Services: Definitions & Classifications
One of the key decisions to make when starting a business is whether to offer products or perform services. This lesson discusses each and gives greater insight into the difference between products and services.
3. Marketing Research: Definition, Purpose and Role in Marketing Strategy
If you're a business owner, you need to know your clientele. Watch this lesson to understand the purpose and role of marketing research strategy in an overall marketing plan. This might be just the info you need!
4. What is Advertising? - Definition & Examples
The greatest product or service in the world won't make money unless consumers know it exists. In this lesson, you'll learn the definition of advertising, common advertising media, and read some examples of effective advertising.
5. Consumer Sales Promotion: Definition and Purpose
Manufacturers offer many kinds of incentives to encourage consumers to buy their products once they reach a retailer. Watch this video to learn more about how consumer sales promotion entices customers to buy.
6. Branding and Brand Equity in Business Marketing
Brand and brand equity go hand-in-hand in the marketing arena. Here, we will discuss how a brand develops and how that leads to increased brand equity.
7. What Is Brand Loyalty in Marketing? - Definition & Examples
Do you always drink the same brand of soda or coffee? If so, why? In this lesson, you'll learn about brand loyalty. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz after the lesson.
8. Trademark vs. Copyright
Have you ever wondered as to the difference between a trademark and a copyright? This lesson explains what each one protects and how long each type of protection generally lasts.
9. Consumer Protection in India: Rights & Methods
You, yes you, have the right to be heard! In this lesson, you'll learn more about your rights to be protected as a consumer and the ways in which these protections are implemented.
10. What Is the Sales Process? - Steps & Example
Almost everyone has been subjected to the sales process. In this lesson, you'll learn about the steps in the sales process and be provided an example. A short quiz follows the lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ICSE Commercial Studies: Study Guide & Syllabus course
- Commercial Organization in India
- Functions of a Commercial Organization
- Communication in a Commercial Organization
- Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Banking in India
- Home & International Trade
- Pollution & Business
- Waste Management in India
- Stakeholders in Commercial Organizations
- Human Resources in India
- Logistics & Insurance in Business
- ICSE Commercial Studies Flashcards