About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Business Marketing & Research chapter into a 5-day school week. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Monday||B2B vs. B2C||Differences between marketing to businesses and marketing to consumers|
|Tuesday||Business marketing overview||Marketing to producers, resellers, governments and institutions|
|Wednesday||Rebuy situations||How buying centers work; differences between a new buy, modified rebuy and straight rebuy|
|Thursday||Marketing research||Steps in the marketing research process and how it can help businesses|
|Friday||Creating marketing research studies||How to establish a marketing research project|
1. B2B vs. B2C: How Business Marketing Differs from Consumer Marketing
A business-to-business sales situation has numerous key differences from a business-to-consumer situation. Marketing managers must develop a business selling strategy and be aware of the five different aspects of business buying behavior compared to consumer buying.
2. Business Marketing: Producers, Resellers, Governments & Institutions
In this lesson, you will learn about the four different business markets and what makes them different from each other. You will learn how each business market typically buys goods and services and why it is important for marketers to be able to distinguish between these types of markets.
3. Business Buyers: New Buy, Modified Rebuy, Straight Rebuy
A business-to-business sales situation has numerous key differences from a business-to-consumer situation. Marketing managers must understand how a basic buying center works and the different types of rebuy situations.
4. Marketing Research: Definition, Purpose and Role in Marketing Strategy
If you're a business owner, you need to know your clientele. Watch this lesson to understand the purpose and role of marketing research strategy in an overall marketing plan. This might be just the info you need!
5. How to Establish a Marketing Research Project
Most consumers don't realize how much behind-the-scenes research and analysis goes into the marketing of a product. With millions of dollars at stake, marketers must use information available to formulate a key marketing plan, decision or change in strategy.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Principles of Marketing Syllabus Resource & Lesson Plans course
- Marketing Philosophies & Ethics: Lesson Plans
- Competitive Advantage: Marketing Lesson Plans
- The Marketing Environment: Lesson Plans
- International Marketplace: Marketing Lesson Plans
- Consumer Decision Making: Marketing Lesson Plans
- Segmentation & Product Marketing: Lesson Plans
- Managing a Product & Retailing: Marketing Lesson Plans
- Services Marketing, Channels & Supply Chain Management: Lesson Plans
- Promotion, Advertising & Public Relations: Marketing Lesson Plans
- Selling & Pricing Strategy: Marketing Lesson Plans