About This Chapter
Business Needs Assessment - Chapter Summary
Review this self-paced business chapter to explore business needs assessment topics. As you progress through this series of bite-sized lessons, you'll become familiar with topics like business case development, types of collaboration tools, solution scopes, value propositions, stakeholder management and more. By the end of the chapter, you should be equipped to:
- Recognize examples of needs assessment and business goals
- Identify organizational success factors
- Develop business cases
- Define the concept of solution scope
- Assess the role of value proposition in marketing
- Build value propositions by analyzing information
- Understand the importance of stakeholder management
- Tell how stakeholders are affected by business decisions
Each lesson comes with a short quiz, and the chapter concludes with a multiple-choice exam. You can revisit the lessons and quizzes as many times as needed, and our instructors will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Finally, you'll be able to access the chapter at any time using your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet.
1. What Is Needs Assessment? - Definition & Examples
A needs assessment is a tool that can be used in strategic planning. In this lesson, you'll learn what a needs assessment is and its steps. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz after the lesson.
2. What Are Business Goals? - Definition & Examples
Goals are used to help a business grow and achieve its objectives. They can be used to foster teamwork and help the business describe what it wants to accomplish. Setting goals is an important part of any business plan.
3. Organizational Success: Factors & Definition
To be successful, an organization must have a statement, a philosophy, and a series of programs and goals that focuses on the skills and talents of its employees. All of this must be managed with care and guidance so that the organization's mission is successfully accomplished.
4. How to Develop a Business Case for a Project
Without a business case, your project will never get off the ground since the case contains all the reasons that your project should go ahead and receive investment. This lesson provides step-by-step instructions and what to include in your business case.
5. The Role of the Value Proposition in Marketing
A central strategy for marketers is value proposition, by which companies try to demonstrate why consumers should purchase their goods. This lesson shows how it works, as well as some real-life examples.
6. Analyzing Information to Build Value Propositions
A value proposition describes why a business exists , how it serves its customers and how they are a better choice when compared to their competitors. The lesson describes how to create a value proposition by analyzing information.
7. Stakeholder Management: Definition & Importance
In this lesson, you will learn about project stakeholders and why stakeholder management is a very important part of project management. You will also learn what should be included in a good stakeholder management plan and how it can assist you in managing your stakeholders.
8. What Are Collaboration Tools? - Definition & Types
This lesson will discuss collaboration tools, a broad term used for multiple types of software or services allowing people to work together online. Learn about how these technologies work and review examples of everyday usage.
9. The Impact of Business Decisions on Stakeholders
In this lesson, you will learn about the impact of business decisions on stakeholders and the various difficulties in making appropriate ethical decisions that result in fair outcomes for all constituents.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PMI-PBA® Certification Exam Study Guide - PMI Professional in Business Analysis course
- PMI-PBA® Certification Overview
- Understanding Business Analysis
- Leadership Principles
- Business Analysis Planning
- Business Analysis Methods
- Types of Business Analysis & Management Models
- Business Analysis Tools & Techniques
- Traceability & Monitoring in Business
- Communication, Conflict Resolution & Negotiation in Business
- Business Analysis Evaluation
- PMI-PBA Certification Exam Study Guide - PMI Professional in Business Analysis Flashcards