About This Chapter
Business Networking Basics - Chapter Summary
This self-paced chapter provides a complete overview of business networking basics. Engaging lessons closely examine key strategies, techniques and more related to this form of networking, so you're ready and able to do the following in a short amount of time:
- Summarize the concept of business networking
- List and describe goals and strategies of business networking
- Explain why and how to network for career success
- Identify and discuss listening techniques for business networking
- Discuss different types of business networks
Navigate the lessons in any order you desire, and feel free to visit as many times as needed to improve your comprehension of all concepts. Any questions that arise during your studies can be sent to our subject-matter experts via the dashboard. Multiple-choice quizzes and a chapter exam effectively confirm your knowledge of the lessons. If you're strapped with a busy schedule, don't worry! Our study tools are available anytime using your computer or mobile device of choice.
1. Intro to Business Networking
Networking is an important and valuable business activity. Learn three easy steps to expand your professional contacts and start business networking to make the greatest impact on your business.
2. Goals & Strategies for Business Networking
Whether you work for yourself or are part of a large company, business networking is vital for your professional growth. Use the suggestions in this lesson to develop networking strategies and create goals.
3. Networking for Career Success: How to Make Professional Contacts
Having a strong network of business contacts can really help out your career. But how do you build a network? In this lesson, we'll look at ways to make contacts, including tips for networking.
4. Listening Techniques for Business Networking
Listening is the foundation for business networking. Use the steps in this less to create a perfect environment to grow relationships and strengthen connections with other people.
5. Types of Business Networks
Getting ahead in business means knowing the right people. Business networking through job connections, social media and involvement in professional associations may open doors for those seeking new business contacts.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the IAAP CAP Exam Study Guide - Certified Administrative Professional course
- Hardware & Systems Technology Overview
- Computer & Peripheral Device Troubleshooting
- Systems Software & Management
- Using Software & Media to Communicate
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Word Features
- Creating Worksheets & Workbooks in Excel
- Formatting Worksheets & Workbooks in Excel
- Format & Modify Text with Functions in Excel
- Introduction to the PowerPoint Tool Bar
- Create and Manage Presentations in PowerPoint
- PowerPoint Best Practices
- Design of Technical & Business Documents
- Working with Technical Reports
- Managing Physical Resources in Business
- Office Design & Ergonomics
- Business Records Management
- Database Management & Security
- Framework for Business Communication
- Running Effective Business Meetings
- Group Communication Skills in the Workplace
- Business Messaging Fundamentals
- Communicating Electronically
- Effective Messaging for Workplace Communication
- Elements of Punctuation & Grammar
- Sentence Types & Components
- Planning & Managing Events
- Human Resource Management Basics
- HR in a Global Business Environment
- Employee Recruitment & Selection
- Compensation Methods
- Employee Training & Professional Development
- Employer Compliance & Regulations
- Accounting Basics Overview
- Financial Statements in Accounting
- Financial Statement Analysis in Accounting
- Effective Management & Leadership
- Managerial & Interpersonal Communication
- Understanding Diversity while Communicating
- IAAP CAP Exam Study Guide - Certified Administrative Professional Flashcards