About This Chapter
Business Operations Management - Chapter Summary
In this corporate training chapter, we've provided video lessons that explain concepts in business operations management. In generally less than ten minutes, our videos cover subjects such as operations management planning, business models and research and development methods. Along with each video, we've included a self-assessment quiz so your employees can test themselves.
How It Helps
- Keeps everyone on the same page: Even if you have employees in multiple offices on a variety of schedules, this mobile-friendly chapter can be used across the board to ensure that everyone has access to this information on business operations management.
- Provides flexibility: If you need a resource to use in new hire training, feature in a workshop or teach existing employees, this one chapter on business operations management can assist you.
- Facilitates understanding: A few of the subjects your employees have access to in these video lessons include business models, day-to-day operations and the product development process.
After finishing this chapter, your team members should be able to:
- Explain a business's day-to-day operations
- Outline the fundamentals of operations management
- Discuss the planning of operations management
- Identify the relationship between the business model and operations
- Detail strategic decisions as they pertain to operations and supply chain management
- Define research and development
- Understand the process of product development
1. Day-To-Day Operations of a Business: Definition & Explanation
Exactly what does a business do on a daily basis? In this lesson, you'll learn about the day-to-day operations of a business and the people who keep it running smoothly.
2. Operations Management: Definition & Fundamentals
This lesson will introduce and define operations management. We will review how operations management helps a company achieve its business goals through managing four key aspects of operations.
3. Operations Management Planning
Businesses are complex systems engaged in complex activities that require constant planning and supervision. In this lesson, you'll learn about planning in operations management as well as various types of planning.
4. What is a Business Model? - Definition & Relationship to Operations
This lesson introduces the business model and how it drives operations within a business. It also demonstrates how dynamic the business model is and how businesses adapt the model to meet operational needs.
5. Practical Application: Assessing a Need in Business Model Change
In your studies on business analysis, you should have learned about analyzing problems, creating value to customers, and making decisions. Here, you will utilize this knowledge by applying it to actual business scenarios in order to consider business model changes.
6. Strategic Decisions in Operations & Supply Chain Management
Strategic decisions in operations and supply chain management deal with the top-level, risky and complex issues. Here we'll discuss five areas of strategic decision making, including product development, customers, manufacturing, vendors, and logistics.
7. What is Research and Development? - Definition, Methods & Examples
In this lesson, we will explore the concept of research and development. You will also learn about its different forms and how it affects our daily lives.
8. What Is the Product Development Process?
You have to develop a product before you can sell it, right? In this lesson, you'll learn about the product development process in four steps. Learn what it takes to go from an idea to market.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.