About This Chapter
Business Process & Cloud Computing - Chapter Summary
In this cloud computing training chapter, your employees will learn about the applications of cloud computing in business process modeling. These simple lessons discuss BPM notation as well as the principles of business process as a service (BPaaS). Your employees can review these materials at any time using their computer or mobile devices, and we encourage them to take the chapter's assessments to help master the material. We've also included a chapter exam that further reinforces essential cloud computing terms.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The chapter establishes a thorough awareness of business process modeling and its cloud-based applications.
- Covers tools and services: Lessons go over services and cloud tools that are used in business process modeling.
- Improves cloud computing skills: Employees who complete the chapter will be able to apply their understanding of BPM to their cloud computing skill sets.
By the end of the chapter, your staff should be able to:
- Define business process modeling
- Understand BPM notation
- Explain the applications of cloud-based business process management
- Summarize the principles of BPaaS
1. What is Business Process Modeling (BPM)? - Definition, Notation & Examples
In this lesson, we'll describe what a business process is and how a business process is analyzed and refined when necessary. We will also view examples of various BPMN analytic tools including flowcharts, data flow diagrams, and Gantt charts.
2. Cloud-Based Business Process Management (BPM)
This lesson explores Business Process Management (BPM) in the cloud represented by Business Process as a Service (BPaaS). The lesson also explains the positioning of BPaaS within the Cloud Computing Reference Architecture (RA).
3. Business Process as a Service (BPaaS): Definition & Principles
Business Process as a service (BPaaS) combines business process outsourcing with cloud computing technology to provide a flexible way to implement IT-intensive business processes. After having defined BPaaS and discussed examples, you will learn in which situations BPaaS is beneficial for a company and in which situations it should be avoided.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.