About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other technical writing work.
- Identify the business reports and proposals concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our Technical Writing Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about business reports and proposals and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding informational and analytical reports, executive summaries, collaborative wikis or any other business reports and proposals topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their English learning
- Prefer learning English visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their business reports or proposals unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in technical writing
- Don't have access to their English teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning business reports and proposals simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live technical writing tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn business reports and proposals on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Explore analytical and information reports and their uses.
- Discuss the planning processes that go into each type of report.
- Learn about executive summaries in business reports and proposals.
- Discover the pros and cons of using collaborative wikis.
1. Informational and Analytical Reports: Definition and Uses
In this lesson, you will learn the difference between informational and analytical reporting and their specific uses in the business world in order to help make decisions.
2. The Planning Processes for Informational and Analytical Reports
Informational and analytical reports each have a specific planning process to allow the writer to demonstrate an understanding of a business problem. This lesson explains the differences between the two reports.
3. Executive Summaries in Business Reports and Proposals
Executive summaries in business reports and proposals provide a short, detailed synopsis of lengthy papers that allow business professionals to quickly make decisions. Let's take a deeper look at them in this lesson.
4. Collaborative Wikis: Use, Advantages and Challenges
Collaborative work is an essential part of the business working environment. In this lesson, you will learn the uses, advantages and challenges of wikis in the workplace.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Technical Writing: Tutoring Solution course
- Technical Writing Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Elements of Prewriting: Tutoring Solution
- Writing Technical Documents: Tutoring Solution
- Technical Editing & Rewriting: Tutoring Solution
- Technical Document Characteristics: Tutoring Solution
- Usability Testing & Technical Writing: Tutoring Solution
- Informal Technical Reports: Tutoring Solution
- Formal Technical Reports: Tutoring Solution
- Technical Correspondence: Tutoring Solution
- Resumes & Cover Letters: Tutoring Solution
- Technical Instructions: Tutoring Solution
- Writing Technical Manuals: Tutoring Solution
- How to Write Proposals: Tutoring Solution