About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering topics related to business, social and ethical issues in information systems will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about issues and implications regarding artificial intelligence, machine learning and more. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the business, social and ethical issues surrounding artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about information systems (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about business/social/ethical issues in information systems
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra information systems learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Business, Social and Ethical Implications & Issues: Help & Review chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Business, Social and Ethical Implications & Issues: Help & Review chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any information systems question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review concepts in a business, social and ethical implications/issues unit of a standard information systems course. Topics covered include:
- Artificial intelligence vs. machine learning
- Machine learning types, techniques and applications
- The uses of artificial intelligence in medicine and healthcare
- Ray Kurzweil's The Singularity is Near
1. Machine Learning vs. Artificial Intelligence
In this lesson, we will be examining the distinguishing characteristics of machine learning and artificial intelligence. We discuss the components of artificial intelligence and what the future holds.
2. Machine Learning: Definition & Types
In this lesson, we will examine the definition and characteristics of machine learning, the different types of machine learning, and some practical examples.
3. Machine Learning: Techniques & Applications
In this lesson, we'll take a look at machine learning, what it's all about, some techniques used in machine learning, and some applications of this cutting-edge area.
4. Artificial Intelligence Uses in Health Care & Medicine
Technological advances have boosted the healthcare provider's ability to make better decisions. Read this lesson to learn more about the impact of artificial intelligence in the healthcare industry.
5. What is Open Threat Exchange (OTX)?
Cyber security defense has entered a new dimension with the Open Threat Exchange (OTX) platform. In the lesson, we'll examine what OTX is all about, what constitutes the platform, and how it's changed the way threats to cyber security are combated.
6. The Singularity is Near by Ray Kurzweil: Summary & Quotes
In this lesson, we will learn about Ray Kurzweil, a controversial futurist who is known for the book he has written and some scientific inventions. We will summarize the details of his book and give some notable quotes.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Information Systems: Help and Review course
- Introduction to Computers: Help and Review
- Information Systems in Organizations: Help and Review
- Hardware and Systems Technology: Help and Review
- Systems Software and Application Software: Help and Review
- Internet, Intranet, and Extranet: Help and Review
- Network Systems Technology: Help and Review
- Remote Connections: Help and Review
- Enterprise Business Systems: Help and Review
- Decision Support & Specialized Information Systems: Help & Review
- Systems Development: Help and Review
- Data Management: Help and Review
- Ethical, Social & Business Issues in IT: Help & Review
- Introduction to Programming: Help and Review
- Learning Computer Science
- Working with Java
- Java Programming Terminology
- Java Programming Overview
- Java Programming Problems