About This Chapter
Business Technology, Research & Development - Chapter Summary
Expert instructors have developed fun lessons that simplify the process of understanding business technology and research and development topics. Examine any number of lessons based on the knowledge you currently have and hope to gain. Feel free to access this chapter and its resources whenever your schedule permits. When finished, you will have the knowledge to:
- List the characteristics and describe the development of business technology
- Explain ways technology can help businesses achieve success
- Define and discuss methods of research and development
- Discuss how productivity is affected by technology, research and development
- Describe how IT systems impact efficiency and productivity
1. What is Business Technology? - Characteristics & Development
Technology is the essence of change in business and society. In this lesson, you'll learn about technology, its characteristics, its historical phases and how innovation is fueled today.
2. How Technology Helps Achieve Business Success
Technology can help aid in the success of a business and has a winner-take-most-market reality for those with the best and most efficient technologies. In this lesson, you will learn the key ways technology helps businesses become leaders in their market.
3. What is Research and Development? - Definition, Methods & Examples
In this lesson, we will explore the concept of research and development. You will also learn about its different forms and how it affects our daily lives.
4. How Technology, Research & Development Affect Productivity
Economists consider productivity to be a nation's long-run growth engine. This lesson explores the connection between technology, research & development, and productivity, using real-world examples.
5. The Impact of IT Systems on Efficiency & Productivity
Information technology (IT) is a field that has grown rapidly since its introduction in the 1980s. This lesson will discuss the impact that IT systems have had on efficiency and productivity and highlight the primary areas of influence.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Economics 101: Principles of Microeconomics course
- Introduction to Microeconomics
- Supply and Demand in Microeconomics
- Consumer Behavior & Microeconomics
- Producers in Microeconomics
- Business Structures & Barriers to Entry
- Accounting & Economic Costs
- Market Structures in Economics
- Scarce Economic Resource Markets
- Government Issues in Microeconomics
- Studying for Economics 101