About This Chapter
Below shows how you can break down the Business & the Community chapter into a 3-day school week. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Monday||Partnerships and interactions between businesses and communities||Definition of community, collaborative partnerships and interdependencies between businesses and communities|
|Tuesday||Community relations managers and departments||The responsibilities of business community relations departments|
|Wednesday||Corporate giving strategies||How businesses build community relationships|
1. Business & the Community: Partnerships & Interactions
Businesses and communities depend on each other for support to create a flourishing, stable, and profitable society. In this lesson, you will learn about the interdependencies between companies and communities as well as their collaborative partnerships.
2. Responsibilities of a Business' Community Relations Department
Community relations departments reach out to establish relationships with business, government and community in order to foster business success. In this lesson, you will learn the major responsibilities of community relations departments.
3. Corporate Giving Strategies: Building Community Relationships
Corporate giving is essential to building strong relationships between businesses and communities. In this lesson, you will learn how companies can direct their giving strategically to further their own business objectives.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business Ethics Syllabus Resource & Lesson Plans course
- Business Ethics Overview: Lesson Plans
- Employees, Stockholders, & Corporate Governance: Lesson Plans
- Management in Organizations: Lesson Plans
- Business, Government & Society: Lesson Plans
- Public Relations for Business: Lesson Plans
- Diversity in the Workforce: Lesson Plans
- The United States Government: Lesson Plans
- Business-Government Relations: Lesson Plans
- Government Regulation on Business: Lesson Plans
- Political Parties & Lawmaking: Lesson Plans
- Business & the Political Environment: Lesson Plans
- Composition & Roles of the Executive Branch: Lesson Plans
- The Federal Judicial Branch: Lesson Plans
- Antitrust Laws in Business: Lesson Plans
- Corporate Social Responsibility & Citizenship: Lesson Plans
- The Media's Impact on Business: Lesson Plans
- Consumer Rights & Regulations: Lesson Plans
- Ethics in Advertising: Lesson Plans
- Strategies of Special Interest Groups: Lesson Plans
- Technology, Business, & Society: Lesson Plans
- Environmental Issues in Business: Lesson Plans
- The Global Business Environment: Lesson Plans
- International Trade & Business Law: Lesson Plans