About This Chapter
Business & the Community - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
Use the lessons in this chapter to discover some of the steps businesses can take to develop partnerships with local communities, whether by contributing money or working to address social problems head-on. Our experienced instructors also show you why these strategies can not only improve businesses' relationships with communities, but also help them meet their bottom line.
Once you've finished watching the videos, take advantage of the corresponding transcripts and multiple-choice quizzes included with each lesson. By the time you've worked your way through this chapter, you should be familiar with the following:
- The importance of business-community relationships
- Roles of a community relations department
- Benefits of corporate giving strategies
|Business & the Community: Partnerships & Interactions||Examine the relationships between communities and the businesses operating in them. Learn how businesses can create partnerships that help address a community's social problems.|
|Responsibilities of a Business' Community Relations Department||Explore the responsibilities of a business' community relations department and the managers working within it.|
|Corporate Giving Strategies: Building Community Relationships||Assess some of the corporate giving strategies used by businesses to develop relationships with their communities and further their own ends.|
1. Business & the Community: Partnerships & Interactions
Businesses and communities depend on each other for support to create a flourishing, stable, and profitable society. In this lesson, you will learn about the interdependencies between companies and communities as well as their collaborative partnerships.
2. Responsibilities of a Business' Community Relations Department
Community relations departments reach out to establish relationships with business, government and community in order to foster business success. In this lesson, you will learn the major responsibilities of community relations departments.
3. Corporate Giving Strategies: Building Community Relationships
Corporate giving is essential to building strong relationships between businesses and communities. In this lesson, you will learn how companies can direct their giving strategically to further their own business objectives.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 108: Business Ethics course
- Introduction to Business Ethics
- Employees, Stockholders, & Corporate Governance
- The Relationship Between Business, Government & Society
- Public Relations for Business
- Diversity in the Workforce
- Business-Government Relations
- Business' Influence on the Political Environment
- Corporate Social Responsibility & Citizenship
- The Media's Impact on Business
- Consumer Rights & Regulations
- Ethics in Advertising
- Strategies of Special Interest Groups
- Technology, Business, & Society
- Environmental Issues in Business
- The Global Business Environment
- Individual Integrity & Ethics
- Studying for Business 108