About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering details in each chapter of By the Great Horn Spoon! will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn what happened in each chapter of this novel. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing chapter details for By the Great Horn Spoon!
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the By the Great Horn Spoon! Chapter Summaries chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the By the Great Horn Spoon! Chapter Summaries chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about each chapter of By the Great Horn Spoon! for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Summaries of chapters 1-3 of the novel
- Chapters 4-6 summaries for By the Great Horn Spoon!
- Detailed information about chapters 7-9 of the novel
- What occurred in chapters 10-12 of By the Great Horn Spoon!
- Summaries of chapters 13-15
- Chapters 16-18 summaries for By the Great Horn Spoon!
1. By the Great Horn Spoon! Chapters 1-3 Summaries
Chapter 1 is the start of an exciting adventure for two stowaway passengers - Jack and Praiseworthy - who are headed for the California Gold Rush. How will the captain react to these stowaways? Will they find the man who stole their money?
2. By the Great Horn Spoon! Chapters 4-6 Summaries
The adventure continues aboard The Lady Wilma as they rush to California for gold. The ship encounters a sticky situation when they run out of a critical resource. What will happen to the passengers?
3. By the Great Horn Spoon! Chapters 7-9 Summaries
There's no shortage of excitement in 'By the Great Horn Spoon!' in Chapters 7-9. The Lady Wilma finally arrives in port, but what will her passengers find? How will Praiseworthy and Jack make it to the gold mines? Read on to learn more!
4. By the Great Horn Spoon! Chapters 10-12 Summaries
The excitement continues in Chapters 10-12 for Praiseworthy and Jack. A secret of Praiseworthy's is revealed, and the travelers almost don't make it to their destination. What will happen when they arrive?
5. By the Great Horn Spoon! Chapters 13-15 Summaries
Jack and Praiseworthy's adventure gets even more exciting in Chapters 13-15. Will they ever be able to locate the thief Cut-Eye Higgins? What happens with Praiseworthy and his new reputation around town?
6. By the Great Horn Spoon! Chapters 16-18 Summaries
The exciting gold mining adventure comes to an end for Jack and Praiseworthy. Do you like what happens to the partners? Does the story end how you predicted?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.