About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering CAHSEE math material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to prepare for the CAHSEE math exam. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the various parts of a graph or how to plot points on the coordinate plane
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about graphing basics
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Graphing Basics chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Graphing Basics chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any graphing question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a graphing basics unit of a standard high school math course. Topics covered include:
- Identifying parts of a graph
- Plotting points on the coordinate plane
- Graphing reflections across the axes and origin
- Plotting simple figures to determine areas and lengths
1. What Are the Different Parts of a Graph?
Being able to read a graph isn't just vital for an algebra class. Graphs and charts are used everywhere! We'll take a crash course on the basic x/y plane used in algebra and the fundamental vocab you need.
2. Plotting Points on the Coordinate Plane
If you'll be working with a graph, otherwise known as the coordinate plane, it's essential to understand how it works. This includes learning the parts of a graph, identifying points and plotting points.
3. How to Graph Reflections Across Axes, the Origin, and Line y=x
A graph can be reflected in three ways - across the axes, the origin and the line y = x. There are specific rules to perform each reflection. This lesson will describe those rules and show you how to perform these reflections.
4. Orthocenter in Geometry: Definition & Properties
This lesson involves a well-known center of a triangle called the orthocenter. Its definition and properties will be discussed, and an example will be worked showing how to find its location on a graph.
5. Point-Slope Form: Definition & Overview
A linear equation is an algebraic equation that, when graphed, creates a straight line. The point-slope form is one way to write a linear equation. This lesson will teach you how to write a linear equation in point-slope form and give you some examples.
6. Positive Slope: Definition & Example
In this lesson, you'll learn what slope is and see some examples of positive slope. You'll also learn how to measure a line's slope on a graph. Then you can test your new knowledge with a brief quiz.
7. Reflections in Math: Definition & Overview
A reflection of an object is a 'flip' of that object across a line. This lesson will describe the basics of reflection, how to recognize one and how to create one.
8. Rotations in Math: Definition & Overview
A geometric rotation refers to the rotating of a figure around a center of rotation. This lesson will get you going on rotations, give you some examples, and end with a quiz that tests your knowledge of rotations.
9. Similar Shapes in Math: Definition & Overview
You've probably noticed similar shapes a lot in your daily life. This lesson explains the definition of similar shapes and gives you some tips on correctly identifying similar shapes in mathematics.
10. Bipartite Graph: Definition, Applications & Examples
Did you know that math could help you find your perfect match? Learn more about bipartite graphs and their applications - including computer matchmaking!
11. Connected Graph vs. Complete Graph
In this lesson, we define connected graphs and complete graphs. Then we analyze the similarities and differences between these two types of graphs and use them to complete an example involving graphs.
12. Complete Graph: Definition & Example
Graphs play an important part in the world around us. This lesson will discuss the definition of a graph in mathematics, and will explore a specific type of graph called a complete graph.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CAHSEE Math Exam: Help and Review course
- CAHSEE - Number Theory & Basic Arithmetic: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Problems with Decimals and Fractions: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Problems with Percents: Help and Review
- CAHSEE Radical Expressions & Equations: Help & Review
- CAHSEE Algebraic Expressions & Equations: Help & Review
- CAHSEE - Algebraic Linear Equations & Inequalities: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Problems with Exponents: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Overview of Functions: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Rational Expressions: Help and Review
- CAHSEE Ratios, Percent & Proportions: Help & Review
- CAHSEE - Matrices and Absolute Value: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Quadratics & Polynomials: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Graphing on the Coordinate Plane: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Measurement in Math: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Properties of Shapes: Help and Review
- CAHSEE Triangles & the Pythagorean Theorem: Help & Review
- CAHSEE - Perimeter, Area & Volume in Geometry: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Statistics, Probability & Working with Data: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Mathematical Reasoning: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Logic: Help and Review
- CAHSEE Math Exam Help and Review Flashcards