About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your CAHSEE math exam prep.
- Identify the mathematical logic concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our CAHSEE Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about mathematical logic and earn passing scores on the exam. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding logical equivalence or fallacies, truth tables or values, conditional statements or any other logic topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning about math visually
- Find themselves struggling to prepare for the CAHSEE math exam
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in high school math
- Don't have access to CAHSEE math exam prep materials
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about mathematical logic simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live math tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about mathematical logic on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Describe the different types of logical equivalence.
- Become familiar with different types of logical fallacies.
- Understand how logic and critical thinking are used in mathematics.
- Learn how to work with truth values, truth tables and propositions.
- Take a look at conditional statements in math.
- Identify conjunctions and disjunctions.
1. Critical Thinking and Logic in Mathematics
Logic has its own unique language and way of defining what is true and false. Watch this video lesson to learn how you can critically think in the language of logic while working with math.
2. Logical Fallacies: Hasty Generalization, Circular Reasoning, False Cause & Limited Choice
Watch this video lesson to see how you can identify cases where logic is not sound. Learn the characteristic traits of hasty generalization, circular reasoning, false cause, and limited choice.
3. Logical Fallacies: Appeals to Ignorance, Emotion or Popularity
Watch this video lesson to see examples of the logical fallacies of appeals to ignorance, emotion, and popularity. You will also see how to identify them.
4. Propositions, Truth Values and Truth Tables
Watch this video lesson and learn what truth values are and what a truth table looks like. Learn how to go from a proposition to its negation and how that affects the truth values and the truth tables.
5. Logical Math Connectors: Conjunctions and Disjunctions
Watch this video lesson to learn how to identify conjunctions and disjunctions. Also learn the connectors that are used with each. Learn how you can use them to make statements.
6. Conditional Statements in Math
Sometimes, what is true in the mathematical world of logic is false in the real world. Check out this lesson to learn how to identify conditional statements and how you can differentiate between what is logically true and what is true in reality.
7. Logic Laws: Converse, Inverse, Contrapositive & Counterexample
Logical statements can be useful, but only if we are able to determine their validity. In this lesson, we'll look at the various forms of a logical statement and see how they relate to each other.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CAHSEE Math Exam: Tutoring Solution course
- CAHSEE - Number Theory & Basic Arithmetic: Tutoring Solution
- CAHSEE - Problems with Decimals and Fractions: Tutoring Solution
- CAHSEE - Problems with Percents: Tutoring Solution
- CAHSEE - Problems with Radical Expressions & Equations: Tutoring Solution
- CAHSEE - Problems with Algebraic Expressions and Equations: Tutoring Solution
- CAHSEE - Algebraic Linear Equations & Inequalities: Tutoring Solution
- CAHSEE - Problems with Exponents: Tutoring Solution
- CAHSEE - Overview of Functions: Tutoring Solution
- CAHSEE - Rational Expressions: Tutoring Solution
- CAHSEE - Calculations with Ratios, Percent & Proportions: Tutoring Solution
- CAHSEE - Matrices and Absolute Value: Tutoring Solution
- CAHSEE - Quadratics & Polynomials: Tutoring Solution
- CAHSEE - Geometry: Graphing Basics: Tutoring Solution
- CAHSEE - Graphing on the Coordinate Plane: Tutoring Solution
- CAHSEE - Measurement in Math: Tutoring Solution
- CAHSEE - Properties of Shapes: Tutoring Solution
- CAHSEE - Triangles, the Pythagorean Theorem & Congruency: Tutoring Solution
- CAHSEE - Perimeter, Area & Volume in Geometry: Tutoring Solution
- CAHSEE - Statistics, Probability & Working with Data: Tutoring Solution
- CAHSEE - Mathematical Reasoning: Tutoring Solution