About This Chapter
California Employment Tax Forms & Requirements - Chapter Summary
This chapter contains lessons focused on California taxes for workers. You will be introduced to the payroll system and learn related rules. The topics covered include:
- Employer requirements for federal tax filing
- Employee pay stub requirements
- Labor code requirements
- Rules for household employer & state payroll tax
Each lesson presents information in a concise method, and you can review the lessons 24/7, using a computer or mobile device. As you complete the lessons, you can use the printable worksheets and the interactive quizzes that accompany each lesson to check for understanding. The ask-an-expert tool can be used to receive extra help on any of the concepts discussed.
1. How to Obtain an Employer Identification Number
In this lesson, we'll explain the purpose of an employer identification number (EIN). You'll also learn how to obtain an EIN by phone, online or mail.
2. Federal Tax Filing Requirements for Employers
Taxes are something that, in general, all American adults must pay in order to fund government programs. In this lesson, we'll discuss the responsibilities of employers to withhold taxes and the manner in which they report those withholdings.
3. Legal Requirements for an Employee Pay Stub
In this lesson, you'll learn about the different requirements for issuing pay stubs throughout the United States. We'll discuss how to calculate gross and net pay. You'll also learn about various types of pay deductions.
4. California�s Labor Code Requirements
California labor code has rights and regulations that can and cannot be waived. This lesson discusses these rights and their wording, and what this means for employees and employers in California.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PHR-CA/SPHR-CA Certification Exam: Practice & Study Guide course
- Employment Laws & Enforcement Agencies
- California Employee Compensation Law
- Employment & Employee Relations in California
- California New Hire Documents
- Workplace Posting Requirements
- California Termination Documents
- Benefits & Leaves of Absence in California Employment
- Health, Safety & Workers' Compensation in California