About This Chapter
California Termination Documents - Chapter Summary
The instructors in this chapter have created lessons that cover various regulations regarding the termination of employees. You will learn the things to avoid so that the dismissal does not lead to employee lawsuits. The documents you must give to an employee at termination are also reviewed, along with the definition and conditions of wrongful termination. The following topics are covered:
- Employee termination laws
- Non-compete & non-disclosure documents
- Invention assignment agreements
- Wrongful termination
This chapter is a combination of instructional texts and videos created by individuals who are experts in this area. The lessons are accompanied by assessments that you can use to review your knowledge. If you need additional clarification on any of the information covered in this chapter, you can use the ask-an-expert feature. The personal dashboard can be used to track your progress, both completion and scores, as you complete the lessons.
1. Terminating an Employee: Avoiding Pitfalls & Following the Law
This lesson will discuss mistakes to avoid when terminating employees to avoid unlawful termination lawsuits. The lesson reviews termination types, protected activities that protect employees from termination, and the termination process.
2. Non-Compete, Non-Disclosure & Invention Assignment Agreements: Definitions & Importance
Let's take a look at the different employer-employee agreements used to protect the employer's proprietary information or inventions in a research and development intensive environment.
3. What Is Wrongful Termination? - Definition & Conditions
Wrongful termination happens when an employee is fired for illegal reasons or for reasons that violate company policy. This lesson explains wrongful termination and takes a look at a case example.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PHR-CA/SPHR-CA Certification Exam: Practice & Study Guide course
- Employment Laws & Enforcement Agencies
- California Employee Compensation Law
- Employment & Employee Relations in California
- California New Hire Documents
- Workplace Posting Requirements
- California Employment Tax Forms & Requirements
- Benefits & Leaves of Absence in California Employment
- Health, Safety & Workers' Compensation in California
- PHR-CA/SPHR-CA Certification Exam Flashcards