About This Chapter
Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Binomial Distribution - Chapter Summary
Designed to provide you with a review of the steps for solving problems with binomial formulas. By watching several online video lessons on binomial distribution, you can review standard and mean deviation, determine binomial probabilities and recognize binomial experiments. Ace this chapter and the Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course assessment's questions on binomial distribution before your university enrollment. Studying this chapter could give you the abilities necessary to:
- Define and outline the characteristics of binomial experiments
- Identify binomial probabilities and complete sample problems
- Read binomial probability tables
- Understand binomial random variables
- Solve binomial experiments with probability
Watch the expertly narrated lessons as often as you need to as you prepare to pass the Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course assessment. Between five and eight minutes in length, the engaging videos can be watched at your convenience, and the multiple-choice quizzes can be taken more than once as you become proficient at solving binomial distribution problems. Check out the Dashboard area in order to find your your recent chapter activities and the ask-a-question function.
Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Binomial Distribution Chapter Objectives
As you complete this chapter, you could be able to apply the binomial distribution formula and be capable of solving problems involving discrete random variables and the standard deviation of X on the end-of-course exam for the Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course. Paper 1 of the written assessment is called Pure Mathematics. It has 65 questions and measures 45% of the test weighting. One hour and 45 minutes are allowed for completion of this component. You'll find math questions that reflect this chapter's material on the assessment's Paper 2 component. Named, Statistics, the two-hour section is worth 55% of the weighting and consists of 80 questions.
1. Binomial Experiments: Definition, Characteristics & Examples
Binomial experiments happen in your everyday life far more often than you might think. In this lesson, you will learn the characteristics of binomial experiments that will help you identify them.
2. Finding Binomial Probabilities Using Formulas: Process & Examples
You can find the probability of getting a certain number of successes when conducting a binomial experiment. In this lesson, you will learn how to find this information using the binomial probabilities formula.
3. Practice Problems for Finding Binomial Probabilities Using Formulas
In this lesson, you will review the binomial probability formula and the combination formula. Then follow along with the practice problems and see if you've mastered these concepts!
4. Finding Binomial Probabilities Using Tables
A binomial probability table can look intimidating to use. However, it can make your life a lot easier when trying to figure out binomial probabilities. This lesson will teach you how to read those tables.
5. Mean & Standard Deviation of a Binomial Random Variable: Formula & Example
When working with binomial random variables and experiments, it is important to understand the mean and standard deviation. In this lesson, you will learn how to analyze binomial experiments using the mean and standard deviation of a binomial random variable.
6. Solving Problems with Binomial Experiments: Steps & Example
Sometimes when conducting research you will need to use binomial experiments to solve problems. In this lesson, you will learn about binomial experiments and how to use probability to solve problems.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Cambridge Pre-U Mathematics - Short Course: Practice & Study Guide course
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Quadratic Equations
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Coordinate Geometry
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Sequences & Series
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Exponentials & Logarithms
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Differentiation
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Integration
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Data Summarization
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Correlation & Regression
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Normal Distribution
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Sampling
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Statistical Estimation
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Hypothesis Testing
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Chi-Square Test
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Non-Parametric Tests
- Cambridge Pre-U Mathematics - Short Course Flashcards