About This Chapter
Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Integration - Chapter Summary
Before taking the final assessment for the Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course, take some time to improve your math skills. With a focus on definite integrals, the zero integral property, the fundamental theorem of calculus, and general and specific trapezoid shapes, this chapter is designed to help you prepare to answer questions related to:
- Writing the equation for a definite integral
- Identifying linear properties of integrals
- Applying the fundamental theorem of calculus
- Understanding the correlation between derivatives and anti-derivatives
- Finding the integrals of simple shapes
Since these lessons are animated and fun to watch, the process of learning integration is made that much easier. Short in duration, the online videos are led by experienced instructors and experts who provide answers to your questions on integration. While you prepare to ace the Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course assessment, become familiar with chapter aspects that include written transcripts, video tags, and five-question quizzes.
Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Integration Chapter Objectives
The Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course test has two sections that you'll provide your best answers on. Paper 1 of the written assessment is Pure Mathematics, and it is where you could see questions on integration. You'll have one hour and 45 minutes to complete this paper, which includes 65 questions and is equal to 45% of the score. The second section, Statistics, will make up the other 55% of the score. The latter section has 80 questions and should take no more than two hours to finish. Use these lessons to prepare for integration questions before you take this end-of-course exam.
1. Definite Integrals: Definition
Explore how driving backwards takes you where you've already been as we define definite integrals. This lesson will also teach you the relationship between definite integrals and Riemann sums. Then, discover how an integral changes when it is above and below the x-axis.
2. Linear Properties of Definite Integrals
If you're having integration problems, this lesson will relate integrals to everyday driving examples. We'll review a few linear properties of definite integrals while practicing with some problems.
3. The Fundamental Theorem of Calculus
The fundamental theorem of calculus is one of the most important equations in math. In this lesson we start to explore what the ubiquitous FTOC means as we careen down the road at 30 mph.
4. Indefinite Integrals as Anti Derivatives
What does an anti-derivative have to do with a derivative? Is a definite integral a self-confident version of an indefinite integral? Learn how to define these in this lesson.
5. Calculating Integrals of Simple Shapes
So you can write something called an integral with a weird squiggly line. Now what? In this lesson, calculate first integrals using your knowledge of nothing but geometry.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Cambridge Pre-U Mathematics - Short Course: Practice & Study Guide course
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Quadratic Equations
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Coordinate Geometry
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Sequences & Series
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Exponentials & Logarithms
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Differentiation
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Data Summarization
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Correlation & Regression
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Binomial Distribution
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Normal Distribution
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Sampling
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Statistical Estimation
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Hypothesis Testing
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Chi-Square Test
- Cambridge Pre-U Math Short Course: Non-Parametric Tests
- Cambridge Pre-U Mathematics - Short Course Flashcards