About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your capitalization and spelling homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your capitalization and spelling homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Rules for capitalization
- Commonly confused words in English
- Spelling homonyms
- Spelling homophones
1. Capitalization Rules in Writing
Capitalization is a very important concept in standard grammar in the written form of the English language. Watch this video lesson to learn what capitalization is and when to use it.
2. Commonly Confused Words in English
Is it 'accept' or 'except?' 'Affect' or 'effect?' How do you know when to use 'there,' 'their,' or 'they're?' Watch this video lesson to learn about some confusing words in English and how to properly use each one.
3. Spelling: Words That Sound Alike (Homonyms & Homophones)
Watch this lesson to learn to differentiate between words that sound alike but may be spelled differently. We'll specifically look at homonyms, homographs, and homophones.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the 12th Grade English: Homework Help Resource course
- British Prose for 12th Grade: Homework Help
- British Poetry for 12th Grade: Homework Help
- British Plays for 12th Grade: Homework Help
- Works by African American Writers: Homework Help
- American Prose for 12th Grade: Homework Help
- American Drama for 12th Grade: Homework Help
- Literary Terms for 12th Grade: Homework Help
- Essay Writing for 12th Grade: Homework Help
- Using Source Materials: Homework Help
- Conventions in Writing: Usage: Homework Help
- Elements of Grammar: Homework Help
- Usage: Homework Help
- Punctuation in Writing: Homework Help
- Linking Texts and Media for 12th Grade: Homework Help