About This Chapter
Career Business Networking - Chapter Summary
These lessons were developed to boost your knowledge of career business networking. Learn about making professional contacts, maximizing networking opportunities, and networking barriers. Be prepared to answer test questions on such lesson material as:
- A business networking introduction
- Networking goals and strategies
- Career success with networking
Lessons were specifically designed to be short, engaging text and videos that each take on one aspect of the subject matter. Video lessons include a timeline tool to easily replay any particular section of the lesson. We have a feature that lets you submit a question directly to the instructor. A test at the end of the chapter will check your understanding of the main chapter principles.
1. Intro to Business Networking
Networking is an important and valuable business activity. Learn three easy steps to expand your professional contacts and start business networking to make the greatest impact on your business.
2. Goals & Strategies for Business Networking
Whether you work for yourself or are part of a large company, business networking is vital for your professional growth. Use the suggestions in this lesson to develop networking strategies and create goals.
3. Networking for Career Success: How to Make Professional Contacts
Having a strong network of business contacts can really help out your career. But how do you build a network? In this lesson, we'll look at ways to make contacts, including tips for networking.
4. Making the Most of Networking Opportunities
Networking can be incredibly effective if the proper steps are taken. Use the suggestions in this lesson to make the most out of your next networking activity and expand your contacts.
5. Barriers to Networking
Barriers to networking can prevent you from forming important business relationships. In this lesson, we'll discuss the barriers to networking, including a lack of confidence and the fear of asking questions, returning favors, and over-sharing.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CM Planning & Organizing Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager course
- Strategic Planning in Business
- Business Missions & Goals
- Building Strategy in Business
- Value Chain Management
- Improving Customer Relations
- Improving Quality in Business
- Improving Efficiency in Business
- Improving Innovation in Business
- Project Management Definition & Skills
- Managing Structure & Culture in Business
- Building Teams & Work Groups
- Human Resources & Hiring
- Training & Assessment in an Organization
- Overview of Workplace Pay & Benefits
- Diversity at Work
- Coaching & Feedback in the Workplace
- Mentoring at Work
- Holding Productive Meetings
- CM Planning & Organizing Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager Flashcards