About This Chapter
Career Planning in the Health Care Field - Chapter Summary
This chapter guides you through several facets of planning a career in health care. You'll review different forms of evaluating potential careers, resources for health care teaching, as well as related terminology to be familiar with. Subjects examined in this chapter include student portfolios, employing technology in the classroom, and all of the following:
- Defining and exemplifying education stakeholders
- TEKS health science planning
- Assessing employment opportunities
- Professional development goals and activities for teachers
The practice quizzes accompanying each lesson allow you to monitor your comprehension in a topic-by-topic fashion. These quizzes can be taken as many times as you feel necessary and can also be printed as worksheets for offline use. And if ever you feel stuck, you can always reach out to our professional instructors for assistance via the teacher or help tab.
1. Evaluating a Career's Cost and Benefits
Choosing a career takes a lot of thought. One way to consider different careers to to compare the cost and benefits of them. Watch this lesson to figure out how to determine the return on investment for different careers.
2. Evaluating Employment Opportunities in the Health Care Field
New healthcare legislation has improved access to healthcare for many Americans, thus increasing the number of available jobs. Continue reading to learn more about healthcare career options that are available to you!
3. What is a Student Portfolio? - Ideas & Examples
In this lesson, you'll discover the value of student portfolios for assessing student learning. Identify innovative ideas and best practice examples of student portfolios for elementary, middle, and high school students.
4. What Is a Stakeholder in Education? - Definition & Examples
Each stakeholder in the education system is essential to the success of educational goals. In this lesson, you will learn who is considered a stakeholder in education and why each stakeholder is important.
5. What is Time Management? - Definition, Examples & Studies
There are more options today than ever before for ways to spend our time - or waste it! Read on to learn why and how we can better manage our most scarce resource.
6. Career Assessments: Types & Benefits
There are many career choices out there. How do you decide which one is right for you? In this lesson, we'll examine the different types of career assessments and how they can help you choose the best career.
7. TEKS Health Science Planning for Teachers
In this lesson, we will discuss how the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills, or TEKS, for health science can help teachers plan curriculum that will prepare students for the field of healthcare.
8. Using Technology in the Classroom
Technology has become much more prevalent and available in the classroom. This lesson will offer some guidelines and strategies for using technology in the classroom.
9. Teacher Professional Development Goals
This lesson discusses the importance of having robust professional development goals and shares tips for achieving those goals. In addition, reasons for pursuing the goals mentioned below are discussed.
10. Teacher Professional Development Activities
In this lesson, we will discuss why professional development is essential for teachers and types of professional development activities. We will also briefly cover state requirements and paying for professional development.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TExES Health Science 6-12 (273): Practice & Study Guide course
- Historic Trends & Societal Impact of Healthcare
- Math Applications in Health Care Science
- Applying Academic Skills in Health Science
- Medical Abbreviations, Acronyms & Symbols
- Forming Medical Terms
- Researching & Communicating Medical Terminology
- Basic Anatomy & Physiology of the Human Body
- Intro to Systems of Anatomy & Physiology
- Basic Stages of Human Development
- Reemerging Health Technologies
- Microorganisms & Human Health
- Microbiology Laboratory Techniques
- Overview of Diseases & Pathogens
- Pathogenesis, Disease Prevention & Control
- Healthcare & the Aging Process
- Nutritional Information & Needs
- Issues & Disorders Related to Nutrition
- Therapeutic Concepts of Nutrition
- Pharmacology Concepts
- Mental Health Concepts
- Preventative Health Behaviors
- Skills & Role of a Health Care Worker
- Safety & Precautions for Health Care Workers
- Communication in Health Care
- Teamwork in the Workplace
- Ethical Responsibilities of Health Care Workers
- TExES Health Science 6-12 Flashcards