About This Chapter
Case Studies in Psychology - Chapter Summary
Work through this self-paced study guide chapter to analyze several case studies in the field of psychology. Using a simplified and engaging teaching style, our instructors break down several case studies in terms of their subjects, experimental designs and conclusions. Each lesson comes with a short quiz, and the chapter finishes with a comprehensive exam. If you have any questions about these particular case studies, simply reach out to our subject matter experts. When you're finished with the chapter, you should be able to discuss the most important aspects of the following psychology case studies:
- The Wild Boy of Aveyorn
- Henry Gustav Molaison
- Little Hans
1. Psychology Case Study: The Wild Boy of Aveyron
The case of Victor, the Wild Boy of Aveyron, had an earthshaking impact, both on the thought of the day and since. In this lesson, we will explore his story and see how he affected those around him as well as educators of today.
2. Psychology Case Study: Henry Gustav Molaison
Due to Henry Gustav Molaison's accident and resulting epilepsy, neuroscience was born. This lesson discusses the surgery that changed his life and brain science forever.
3. Psychology Case Study: Little Hans
The case of Little Hans is one of Freud's most famous psychoanalytic studies. In this lesson, we will explore the case, its influence on the field of psychology, and how new advances have changed the way we interpret and understand it.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Psychology 312: History and Systems of Psychology course
- Studying the History of Psychology
- Philosophical Influences on Psychology
- Physiological Influences on Psychology
- Women & Minorities in Psychology
- The New Psychology
- Structuralism in Psychology
- Antecedent Influences on Functionalism
- Development of Functionalism
- Applied Psychology
- Antecedent Influences on Behaviorism
- Development of Behaviorism
- Evolution of Behaviorism
- Gestalt Psychology
- Important Theories in Psychoanalysis
- Contemporary Developments in Psychology
- History of American Psychiatry
- History of Psychology Overview
- Required Assignment for Psychology 312
- Studying for Psychology 312