About This Chapter
Who's It For
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering information about Catholic saints will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about Mother Teresa, St. Gianna Beretta Motta, Pope Paul VI and others. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in learning about Catholic saints
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning world religion (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Catholic Saints chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Catholic Saints chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any world religion question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about Catholic saints for a standard world religion course. Topics covered include:
- The lives and deaths of Mother Theresa, Blessed Chiara Badano, Blessed Jerzy Popieluskzo and Bishop Oscar Romero
- Biographies, facts and quotes about St. Pio de Pietrelcina,, St. Gianna Beretta Molla and Aloysius Stepinac
- Quotations, biography and death of Blessed James Alberione
- Life, death and facts about Popes John Paul II, Paul VI and John XXIII
1. Saint Boniface: Biography, Facts & Quotes
This lesson explores the life and work of Saint Boniface, a Benedictine monk who spent the majority of his life preaching the word of God to pagan tribes in Germany.
2. Pope John Paul II: Biography, Facts & Death
In this lesson we will learn about Pope John Paul II's life and death, from being born Karol Wojtyla in Poland to becoming the most famous religious figure in Rome.
3. Pope John Paul II: Papacy & Quotes
In this lesson, you will learn about the papacy of Pope John Paul II. The focus is on four themes: travel, canonization, anti-communism, and theology. We will also look at some of his most famous quotations.
4. Pope John Paul II: Miracles & Legacy
In this lesson you will learn about the miracles and legacy of Pope John Paul II. We will discuss the two miracles attributed to Pope John Paul II, and briefly touch on his political and theological contributions.
5. Mother Teresa: Biography, Facts & Quotes
In this lesson you will learn about the life of Mother Teresa, a nun who became world famous for her charitable works with the poorest of the poor in India and, eventually, around the world.
6. Mother Teresa: Miracles, Canonization & Awards
In this lesson you will learn about the miracles, canonization, and awards of Mother Theresa. A lifelong advocate for the poor, Mother Teresa is now known as Saint Teresa of Calcutta after her canonization in 2016.
7. Blessed Chiara Badano: Biography, Miracles & Quotes
This lesson will explore the life and experiences of Blessed Chiara Badano and the timeline that has led to her being named as one of the blessed of the Catholic Church.
8. Blessed Jerzy Popieluszko: Biography, Miracle & Quotes
In this lesson, we will learn about the life and martyrdom of Blessed Jerzy Popieluszko. He was a Catholic priest, who risked his life to speak against the communist government in Poland during the 1980s.
9. Bishop Oscar Romero: Biography, Assassination & Quotes
In this lesson you will learn about Oscar Romero, an archbishop in El Salvador, who spoke out on behalf of the country's poor against the country's unjust social order before being assassinated in 1980.
10. Pope Paul VI: Biography, Facts & Death
Giovanni Battista Montini, also known as Pope Paul VI, has one of the most important legacies in the modern Catholic Church. In this lesson, learn about his life, pontificate, and legacy.
11. Blessed James Alberione: Biography, Death & Quotes
Blessed James Alberione was a Catholic priest who at the turn of the twentieth century had, quite literally, a vision of making the Catholic Church known throughout the world. In this lesson, learn about his life and work.
12. Saint Pio de Pietrelcina: Biography & Miracles
Not every saint in the Catholic Church lived centuries ago. Some were around in living memory. In this lesson, we'll explore the life of one such saint and see why Pio de Pietrelcina was canonized.
13. Pope John XXIII: Biography, Facts & Quotes
In this lesson you will learn about the life and legacy of Pope John XXIII, who came from a humble background and ultimately helped lead significant changes within the Catholic church.
14. Pope John XXIII: Canonization, Contributions & Miracles
In this lesson, you will learn about how Pope John XXIII, a popular and influential leader in the Catholic Church, became a saint, as well as some of the unique details about the process.
15. St. Gianna Beretta Molla: Biography, Miracles & Quotes
In this lesson, we will learn about St. Gianna Beretta Molla - a wife, mother, and physician who sacrificed her life for the sake of her unborn child. We will also explore her pathway to sainthood in the Roman Catholic Church.
16. Archbishop Aloysius Stepinac: Biography & Quotes
Archbishop Aloysius Stepinac was a Croatian priest who lived through World Wars I and II. In this lesson, learn how he earned a reputation as a humanitarian and how that affected his life after the war.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Introduction to World Religions: Help and Review course
- Bygone Religions: Help and Review
- World Religion: Hinduism: Help and Review
- World Religion: Buddhism: Help and Review
- World Religion: Confucianism: Help and Review
- World Religion: Taoism: Help and Review
- World Religion: Islam: Help and Review
- World Religion: Judaism: Help and Review
- World Religion: Christianity: Help and Review
- Overview of Jainism
- The Apostles