About This Chapter
Cell Biology for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
Allow your elementary school students to build upon what they have learned about cell biology by working through the resources in this chapter. When this flexible and engaging chapter is used, students can achieve a much greater understanding on difficult biology topics. The chapter's lessons are short, entertaining and they capture the attention of your students. Following each lesson, students have the chance to test their knowledge with the quizzes. They will get immediate feedback on these quizzes. Students can benefit from this chapter as they prepare for a big test or as a supplement to homework.
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with cell biology will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about cell biology.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding cell biology
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about cell biology
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about cell biology
- Students who struggle to understand their science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover cell biology topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about cell biology.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands biology by completing the Cell Biology for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Cell Lesson for Kids: Definition & Types
What is a cell and how many are in our bodies? Keep reading to find out! In this lesson, we will explore cells, and we will learn about the two main types of cells and how they are different.
2. Sperm Cell Facts: Lesson for Kids
Did you know that sperm are excellent swimmers? In this lesson, learn the unique structure and genetic make-up of sperm that make it ideally suited for creating new humans.
3. What is a Nuclear Membrane? - Lesson for Kids
Deep in your cells is an…envelope! Learn what the nuclear membrane -- also called the nuclear envelope -- is, what it is made of and what it does in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Biology for Kids course
- Animals for Elementary School
- Biology Basics for Elementary School
- Fruit & Vegetable Facts for Elementary School
- Parts of the Human Body for Elementary School
- Plants & Animals for Elementary School
- Health for Elementary School
- Diseases & Illnesses for Elementary School
- Early Humans for Elementary School
- Ecosystems for Elementary School