About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Cell Communication chapter into a 5-day school week. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Monday||An Overview of Cell Communication||The process that allows cells to send signals to each other|
|Tuesday||An Overview of Cell Communication||A look at the steps of cell signaling|
|Wednesday||Signal Reception in Cells||The importance and process of signal reception|
|Thursday||Transduction in Cells||An exploration of how signals are converted by transduction|
|Friday||Cellular Responses to Signals||The major steps in the signal transduction pathway|
1. An Overview of Cell Communication
Cellular communication is an important process that allows cells to pass signals to one another. In this video lesson, you will be introduced to the process of cellular communication, identifying the three steps of cellular signaling in organisms.
2. Signal Reception in Cells
Our cells 'talk' to each other all the time through chemical signals. The first step of this process, reception, is a critical component. In this video lesson you will learn about this step in cell communication as well as understand its overall importance.
3. Transduction in Cells
Once a cellular signal is received, a chain of events begins that helps the receiving cell decode the signal. In this video lesson you will learn about this second step of cellular communication and its importance to the overall process.
4. Cellular Responses to Signals
After reception of a signaling molecule and movement of that signal through transduction, the cell can now respond. There are different types of cellular response as well as different mechanisms the cell uses to make this process more efficient.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Biology Curriculum Resource & Lesson Plans course
- Fundamental Science Lesson Plans
- Basic Science Lab Skills Lesson Plans
- Inorganic Chemistry for High School Biology Lesson Plans
- Introduction to Organic Chemistry Lesson Plans
- Enzymatic Biochemistry for High School Biology Lesson Plans
- Cell Biology for High School Biology Lesson Plans
- Requirements of Biological Systems Lesson Plans
- Metabolic Biochemistry for High School Biology Lesson Plans
- Cell Division for High School Biology Lesson Plans
- Nucleic Acids: DNA and RNA Lesson Plans
- DNA Replication: Processes and Steps Lesson Plans
- The Transcription and Translation Process Lesson Plans
- Genetics: Principles of Heredity Lesson Plans
- Genetic Mutations for High School Biology Lesson Plans
- DNA Technology and Genomics Lesson Plans
- Bacterial Biology Lesson Plans
- Introduction to Viruses Lesson Plans
- The Origin of the Universe and Life on Earth Lesson Plans
- Geologic Time for High School Biology Lesson Plans
- Evolution for High School Biology Lesson Plans
- Phylogeny and the Classification of Organisms Lesson Plans
- Plant Biology for High School Biology Lesson Plans
- Plant Reproduction and Growth for High School Biology Lesson Plans
- Introduction to Fungi for High School Biology Lesson Plans
- Invertebrates for High School Biology Lesson Plans
- Vertebrates for High School Biology Lesson Plans
- The Circulatory, Respiratory, Digestive, Excretory, and Musculoskeletal Systems Lesson Plans
- The Nervous, Immune, and Endocrine Systems Lesson Plans
- Animal Reproduction and Development Lesson Plans
- Human Reproductive Systems Lesson Plans
- Ecology and the Environment Lesson Plans
- Human Effects on the Environment Lesson Plans
- Animal Behavior for High School Biology Lesson Plans
- Basic Molecular Biology Laboratory Techniques Lesson Plans
- Analyzing Scientific Data for High School Biology Lesson Plans