About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help understanding middle school life science material will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding reproduction or cell division and the cell cycle.
- Need an efficient way to learn about cell division and the cell cycle.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra science learning resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Cell Division and the Cell Cycle chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Cell Division and the Cell Cycle chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
In this chapter, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- How do asexual and sexual reproduction differ from each other?
- What are the different types of asexual reproduction?
- How does the process of meiosis work?
- What happens during mitosis?
1. Asexual vs. Sexual Reproduction: Comparison & Characteristics
Did you know that some organisms can reproduce without a mate? Check out this video lesson on asexual versus sexual reproduction to discover the different ways organisms can reproduce and the main differences between mitosis and meiosis.
2. Heterologous Expression
In this lesson, we will talk about the importance of heterologous gene expression. We will talk about how it is used in science and technology, and also how we achieve heterologous gene expression.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Middle School Life Science: Help and Review course
- Introduction to Life Science: Help and Review
- Characteristics & Chemicals of Life: Help and Review
- The Parts of Cells: Help and Review
- DNA Replication & Mutation: Help and Review
- How Living Organisms Get Energy: Help and Review
- Classification of Organisms: Help and Review
- The Origin & History of Life On Earth: Help and Review
- Genetics & Hereditary Traits: Help and Review
- Genetic Engineering Basics: Help and Review
- Natural Selection & Evolution in Life Science: Help and Review
- Microbiology & Types of Microbes: Help and Review
- Introduction to Ecosystems: Help and Review
- Types of Ecosystems: Help and Review
- Changing Ecosystems: Help and Review
- Invertebrates: Help and Review
- Animal Behavior & Communication: Help and Review
- Mammal Reproduction & Development: Help and Review
- The Cardiovascular System: Help and Review
- The Blood Vessels: Help and Review
- The Digestive System: Help and Review
- The Urinary & Endocrine Systems: Help and Review
- The Muscular System: Help and Review
- The Skeletal System & Connective Tissue: Help and Review
- Sight, Hearing & Other Senses: Help and Review
- Health Issues & Concerns: Help and Review
- Plant Biology & Structure: Help and Review
- How Plants Grow & Reproduce: Help and Review
- Environmental Concerns: Help and Review
- Natural Resources: Help and Review
- Growth & Productivity in Economics
- American Labor & Consumer Issues