About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other life science work.
- Identify the cell division and cell cycle concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our Middle School Life Science Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about cell division and the cell cycle and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding asexual and sexual reproduction, meiosis, mitosis or any other cell division and cycle topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their science learning
- Prefer learning about science visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their cell division and the cell cycle unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in middle school life science
- Don't have access to their science teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about cell division and the cell cycle simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live science tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about cell division and the cell cycle on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Describe the differences between asexual and sexual reproduction
- List different kinds of asexual reproduction
- Explain the process of sexual reproduction
- Define meiosis and mitosis, and explore their steps, stages and functions
1. Asexual vs. Sexual Reproduction: Comparison & Characteristics
Did you know that some organisms can reproduce without a mate? Check out this video lesson on asexual versus sexual reproduction to discover the different ways organisms can reproduce and the main differences between mitosis and meiosis.
2. Binary Fission: Definition, Steps & Examples
Bacteria are all around you, some make you sick, some are helpful. This lesson will examine one way bacteria reproduce called binary fission. It will also give you some examples of bacteria you may encounter.
3. Cell Metaphase: Definition & Explanation
During mitosis, the nucleus and its contents are replicated and divided into two. In this lesson, learn about metaphase, the third phase of mitosis, and test your understanding with a quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Middle School Life Science: Tutoring Solution course
- Introduction to Life Science: Tutoring Solution
- Characteristics & Chemicals of Life: Tutoring Solution
- The Parts of Cells: Tutoring Solution
- DNA Replication & Mutation: Tutoring Solution
- How Living Organisms Get Energy: Tutoring Solution
- Classification of Organisms: Tutoring Solution
- The Origin & History of Life On Earth: Tutoring Solution
- Genetics & Hereditary Traits: Tutoring Solution
- Genetic Engineering Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Natural Selection & Evolution in Life Science: Tutoring Solution
- Microbiology & Types of Microbes: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Ecosystems: Tutoring Solution
- Types of Ecosystems: Tutoring Solution
- Changing Ecosystems: Tutoring Solution
- Invertebrates: Tutoring Solution
- Animal Behavior & Communication: Tutoring Solution
- Mammal Reproduction & Development: Tutoring Solution
- The Cardiovascular System: Tutoring Solution
- The Blood Vessels: Tutoring Solution
- The Digestive System: Tutoring Solution
- The Urinary & Endocrine Systems: Tutoring Solution
- The Muscular System: Tutoring Solution
- The Skeletal System & Connective Tissue: Tutoring Solution
- Sight, Hearing & Other Senses: Tutoring Solution
- Health Issues & Concerns: Tutoring Solution
- Plant Biology & Structure: Tutoring Solution
- How Plants Grow & Reproduce: Tutoring Solution
- Environmental Concerns: Tutoring Solution
- Natural Resources: Tutoring Solution