About This Chapter
CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Arts Education- Chapter Summary
In this chapter's lessons, you can follow along with our professional and knowledgeable instructors, reviewing information on arts education at the early childhood education level. These lessons have been assembled to help you get ready for exam questions covering:
- Basic art techniques and materials
- Basic music education
- Early performing arts approaches
- Individual expression through art
- Art education among special needs students
- Applying art to developmental skills such as motor control
Use the lesson transcripts to improve your retention of the information on this section of the exam. You can quickly identify weak areas that you need to focus your studies on and then practice these weaknesses in the lesson quizzes. Video tags can direct you to areas of the lesson to explain specific information that you should focus on to better prepare you for the exam.
CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Arts Education Objectives
Teachers who are interested in specializing in early childhood education in the state of Oklahoma must take the CEOE Early Childhood Education exam. There are three subareas on the test, and questions on arts education are in subarea 2, Learning Across the Curriculum. The test's scoring is 85% from multiple-choice questions, with the other 15% coming from constructed-response assignments. Our lessons are targeted specifically at the material the test questions will cover.
1. Fundamental Art Techniques, Processes & Materials
Do you like making things? Have you ever painted a colorful picture or doodled in pen on a notebook? If so, then you've used an art technique! In this lesson, you'll learn some of the basic methods, processes, and materials used to make art.
2. Techniques, Processes & Materials for Early Performing Arts Education
In this lesson, we will explore the fundamental concepts and skills related to the performing arts as well as the basic techniques, tools, processes, and materials for producing work.
3. What is Drama? - Terms, Time Periods and Styles
Ever wonder why we use the word 'drama' when referencing people who overreact to a situation? Discover the definition of drama, its different styles, and why your friends might belong on the stage in this overview of the dramatic genre.
4. Communication & Self-Expression Through Art
Why do people make art? Have you ever taken a brush to paper and used it to pour out frustrations? In this lesson, we'll explore ideas about communication and self-expression through art.
5. Developing Art Projects for Special Needs Students
Art can be a wonderful way to get students of all ability levels interested in learning. In this lesson we'll go over some ideas for developing art projects for young children with special needs.
6. Using Art to Help Children Develop
As a teacher, you have a profound effect on how children learn and develop. Using art is an effective tool in helping children learn and improve their overall development. This lesson offers several suggestions of how to incorporate the arts into your classroom and the developmental benefits that can be achieved.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OSAT Early Childhood Education (CEOE) (105): Practice & Study Guide course
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Language Development
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Teaching Language & Literacy
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Teaching Reading Comprehension
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Writing Instruction
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Cognitive Development
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Cognition & Memory
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Diversity in the Classroom
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Motivating Students
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Instructional Pedagogy
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Assessment Strategies
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Basic Math & Problem Solving
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Social Studies
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Foundations of Science
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Health & Physical Education
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Social & Moral Development
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Socialization Strategies
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Resources & Technology
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: History of Education in the U.S.
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Major Philosophies of Education
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Social & Family Systems
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Professional Organizations
- OSAT Early Childhood Education (CEOE) (105) Flashcards