Copyright

Ch 14: CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Arts Education

About This Chapter

As you prepare for the CEOE Early Childhood Education exam, you can use this chapter to review for the arts education questions that you may encounter. By using the resources that are available to you in this chapter, you will be better prepared for this exam.

CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Arts Education- Chapter Summary

In this chapter's lessons, you can follow along with our professional and knowledgeable instructors, reviewing information on arts education at the early childhood education level. These lessons have been assembled to help you get ready for exam questions covering:

  • Basic art techniques and materials
  • Basic music education
  • Early performing arts approaches
  • Drama
  • Individual expression through art
  • Art education among special needs students
  • Applying art to developmental skills such as motor control

Use the lesson transcripts to improve your retention of the information on this section of the exam. You can quickly identify weak areas that you need to focus your studies on and then practice these weaknesses in the lesson quizzes. Video tags can direct you to areas of the lesson to explain specific information that you should focus on to better prepare you for the exam.

CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Arts Education Objectives

Teachers who are interested in specializing in early childhood education in the state of Oklahoma must take the CEOE Early Childhood Education exam. There are three subareas on the test, and questions on arts education are in subarea 2, Learning Across the Curriculum. The test's scoring is 85% from multiple-choice questions, with the other 15% coming from constructed-response assignments. Our lessons are targeted specifically at the material the test questions will cover.

6 Lessons in Chapter 14: CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Arts Education
Test your knowledge with a 30-question chapter practice test
Fundamental Art Techniques, Processes & Materials

1. Fundamental Art Techniques, Processes & Materials

Do you like making things? Have you ever painted a colorful picture or doodled in pen on a notebook? If so, then you've used an art technique! In this lesson, you'll learn some of the basic methods, processes, and materials used to make art.

Techniques, Processes & Materials for Early Performing Arts Education

2. Techniques, Processes & Materials for Early Performing Arts Education

In this lesson, we will explore the fundamental concepts and skills related to the performing arts as well as the basic techniques, tools, processes, and materials for producing work.

What is Drama? - Terms, Time Periods and Styles

3. What is Drama? - Terms, Time Periods and Styles

Ever wonder why we use the word 'drama' when referencing people who overreact to a situation? Discover the definition of drama, its different styles, and why your friends might belong on the stage in this overview of the dramatic genre.

Communication & Self-Expression Through Art

4. Communication & Self-Expression Through Art

Why do people make art? Have you ever taken a brush to paper and used it to pour out frustrations? In this lesson, we'll explore ideas about communication and self-expression through art.

Developing Art Projects for Special Needs Students

5. Developing Art Projects for Special Needs Students

Art can be a wonderful way to get students of all ability levels interested in learning. In this lesson we'll go over some ideas for developing art projects for young children with special needs.

Using Art to Help Children Develop

6. Using Art to Help Children Develop

As a teacher, you have a profound effect on how children learn and develop. Using art is an effective tool in helping children learn and improve their overall development. This lesson offers several suggestions of how to incorporate the arts into your classroom and the developmental benefits that can be achieved.

Chapter Practice Exam
Test your knowledge of this chapter with a 30 question practice chapter exam.
Not Taken
Practice Final Exam
Test your knowledge of the entire course with a 50 question practice final exam.
Not Taken

Earning College Credit

Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.

To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page

Transferring credit to the school of your choice

Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.

Support