About This Chapter
CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Resources & Technology - Chapter Summary
You probably learned how to incorporate technology and other resources into your classroom back in college, but you may have only learned the bare bones of this topic. Let this chapter give you a more thorough review about current pedagogical techniques concerning the uses of resources and technology for education. Related questions are certain to be mentioned on the CEOE Early Childhood Education Test, so you will want to possess a better understanding of the following concepts:
- Common resources and other materials for early childhood education
- Different types of technology and their purposes in the classroom
- The effects and benefits of using technology in the classroom
- Developing a system of ethics with technology usage
- Techniques for inspiring children to use technology to improve their education
There is a good deal to discuss when it comes to reviewing how educators use resources and technology in their classrooms today, and our instructors have carefully broken up this topic into several manageable lessons. Furthermore, each lesson is brief, allowing you to focus on the important terminology without getting weighed down with useless filler. You can even assess if you are ready for the CEOE Early Childhood Education Test by taking our lesson quizzes and chapter exam.
CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Resources & Technology Chapter Objectives
To become certified in this subject in the state of Oklahoma, teachers must pass the CEOE Early Childhood Education Test. On this extensive test, you will have roughly 4 hours to provide sufficient responses to 81 questions. Most of the questions are in a multiple-choice style format, but there is one question that requires you to write your own response.
Of the 18 objectives listed for this test, one specifically measures your knowledge about incorporating different materials and other resources into your classroom, including the advantages and disadvantages of using technology. These questions are in the Child Development and Early Childhood Education Programs subarea, which accounts for 22% of the total test content.
To fulfill this objective of the test, you will need to become reacquainted with the current theories and practices for utilizing technology and other resources in your curriculum. Completing the lessons from this chapter can help you brush up on those details.
1. Manipulatives in Education: Definition, Examples & Classroom Applications
Find out what manipulatives are and how they're used in an educational setting. Learn how to apply manipulatives to lessons in your classroom. Read the lesson, then take a quiz to test your new knowledge.
2. Using Technology in the Classroom
Technology has become much more prevalent and available in the classroom. This lesson will offer some guidelines and strategies for using technology in the classroom.
3. Effects of Technology in the Classroom
In this lesson, you will explore how technology provides effectiveness in the classroom setting. Be prepared to embrace how teachers and students are learning with the use of technology!
4. Examples of Technology in the Classroom
Technology is becoming more present and useful in the classroom. This lesson will provide some examples of technology in the classroom and how it can assist student learning.
5. Benefits of Technology in the Classroom
This lesson highlights some benefits of using technology in the classroom and includes examples teachers can use to easily integrate technology into their classroom. After you learn about these things, you'll be able to test your knowledge with a quiz!
6. Technology Ethics in the Classroom
The accessibility of information through technology is endless. In the classroom, students and teachers must follow ethical guidelines for appropriate use. In this lesson, you'll learn what some of the expectations are and how to use them.
7. Empowering Students with Technology
As technology becomes more prevalent in the classroom, teachers have new ways to empower student learning. This lesson will explain how technology can be used to empower students.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OSAT Early Childhood Education (CEOE) (105): Practice & Study Guide course
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Language Development
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Teaching Language & Literacy
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Teaching Reading Comprehension
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Writing Instruction
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Cognitive Development
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Cognition & Memory
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Diversity in the Classroom
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Motivating Students
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Instructional Pedagogy
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Assessment Strategies
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Basic Math & Problem Solving
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Social Studies
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Foundations of Science
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Arts Education
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Health & Physical Education
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Social & Moral Development
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Socialization Strategies
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: History of Education in the U.S.
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Major Philosophies of Education
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Social & Family Systems
- CEOE Early Childhood Ed: Professional Organizations
- OSAT Early Childhood Education (CEOE) (105) Flashcards