About This Chapter
CEOE Earth Science: Climate - Chapter Summary
Reinforce and enhance your understanding of global climates and the factors that affect them by reviewing the information presented in these video lessons. The lessons are intended to help you correctly answer CEOE Earth Science exam questions about:
- Differences between climate and weather
- How climates are classified and distributed globally
- Identification of climate regions and characteristics
- Identification of factors that shape regional climate
- How weather patterns and climatic phenomena are related
- The different effects of La Nina and El Nino
Conveniently, you can check out these video lessons on a computer or web-enabled mobile device. Time-saving features like the Timeline enable you to skip directly to any section of a video, and highlighted vocabulary in the accompanying transcripts makes identification of key terms fast and easy.
CEOE Earth Science: Climate Chapter Objectives
The CEOE Earth Science exam is part of a set of examinations that measure subject-area knowledge in teacher candidates as a requisite for a teaching endorsement in earth science. This chapter addresses the atmospheric systems subarea, which makes up about 24% of this computer-based test. Any questions related to what you see in the Climate chapter will be multiple choice.
1. Weather vs. Climate: Definition, Differences & Effects
This video lesson will guide you in understanding the difference between climate and weather. Discover how they are different but related and how they are the ways you can describe atmospheric conditions on Earth.
2. Climate Classifications & Their Global Distribution
Earth has many climates, but we can categorize them based on common characteristics. In this video lesson you will identify the 5 major climate classifications on Earth, as well as where on Earth these climates are found.
3. Major Climate Regions: Biotic & Abiotic Characteristics
Learn the terms biotic and abiotic. Then discover the biotic and abiotic characteristics of the Earth's major climate regions. Check what you've learned with a quiz.
4. Natural Factors That Determine a Region's Climate
Climate is influenced by factors like atmosphere, ocean currents, landforms and plate tectonics. This lesson explains how these effects affect our weather patterns, which determine climate.
5. Relationship of Climate Phenomena to Regional Weather Patterns
Climate phenomena are atmospheric events that drive weather patterns across the world. What are these phenomena and how do they affect our weather? Read on to learn more.
6. The Relationship Between El Nino & La Nina
In this video lesson, you will learn about El Niño and La Niña. You will understand the differences between them, as well as some of their effects on both ocean waters and weather patterns on land.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OSAT Earth Science (CEOE) (008): Practice & Study Guide course
- CEOE Earth Science: Scientific Inquiry
- CEOE Earth Science: Mathematics, Science & Technology
- CEOE Earth Science: Collecting, Analyzing & Presenting Data
- CEOE Earth Science: Physical & Mathematical Models
- CEOE Earth Science: Laboratory & Equipment Procedures
- CEOE Earth Science: History & Applications
- CEOE Earth Science: Earth Science Phenomena & Social Implications
- CEOE Earth Science: Natural Resources & Human Impact
- CEOE Earth Science: Environmental Ethics & Management
- CEOE Earth Science: The Earth & Moon
- CEOE Earth Science: The Sun
- CEOE Earth Science: Solar System
- CEOE Earth Science: Stars
- CEOE Earth Science: Galaxies
- CEOE Earth Science: The Universe
- CEOE Earth Science: Atmosphere
- CEOE Earth Science: Weather
- CEOE Earth Science: Weather Forecasting
- CEOE Earth Science: Climate Change
- CEOE Earth Science: Rocks & Minerals
- CEOE Earth Science: Earth's Internal Structure
- CEOE Earth Science: Plate Tectonics
- CEOE Earth Science: Weathering, Erosion & Deposition
- CEOE Earth Science: Geologic History
- CEOE Earth Science: Hydrologic Systems
- CEOE Earth Science: Freshwater Systems
- CEOE Earth Science: Oceans
- OSAT Earth Science (CEOE) (008) Flashcards