About This Chapter
CEOE Earth Science: Hydrologic Systems - Chapter Summary
Strengthen your understanding of Earth's water and its distribution and impact on the planet. The lessons will help you correctly answer any CEOE Earth Science test items about the following:
- Analyzing information from hydrologic systems
- Components of the water cycle
- Infiltration and runoff
- Earth's bodies of water
- The effects of surface and ground water on landscapes
- Factors that impact local water budgets
You can use the Timeline to easily return to key points you come across in a video lesson. The lesson transcripts highlight the videos' key terms with bold print to make them easy to spot. Take a short practice quiz after each lesson to demonstrate how well you understand the material.
CEOE Earth Science: Hydrologic Systems Chapter Objectives
The CEOE Earth Science exam is part of the teacher certification process in Oklahoma for those who wish to teach earth science. Of the five subareas on the exam, this chapter relates to the questions you'll see from the water systems subarea, which is about 12% of the test. All questions from this subarea will be multiple choice.
1. The Water Cycle: Precipitation, Condensation, and Evaporation
This lesson discusses the processes water takes as it moves around the Earth in the water cycle. You'll get an in-depth look at condensation, precipitation, and evaporation.
2. Runoff & Infiltration: Definition & Process
When water falls to the ground as precipitation, it can either fill the spaces in the soil below ground or run across the surface. In this video lesson, you will learn about the processes of infiltration and runoff, and how they are an important part of the water cycle on Earth.
3. The Distribution of Water on Earth
Water covers most of Earth but in a variety of forms. In this video lesson you will learn about how water is distributed on Earth, though you may be surprised to find out just how little of it we can access!
4. Ground and Surface Water: Effects On Landscapes
In this lesson, you will learn how groundwater and surface water form features on Earth and cause changes in landscapes. You will also learn about the different types of features formed by each type of water.
5. Local Water Budgets: Components & Influences
Water is a precious resource, and like all resources it can be budgeted. In this lesson, we'll talk about water budgets and see what factors impact their stability.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OSAT Earth Science (CEOE) (008): Practice & Study Guide course
- CEOE Earth Science: Scientific Inquiry
- CEOE Earth Science: Mathematics, Science & Technology
- CEOE Earth Science: Collecting, Analyzing & Presenting Data
- CEOE Earth Science: Physical & Mathematical Models
- CEOE Earth Science: Laboratory & Equipment Procedures
- CEOE Earth Science: History & Applications
- CEOE Earth Science: Earth Science Phenomena & Social Implications
- CEOE Earth Science: Natural Resources & Human Impact
- CEOE Earth Science: Environmental Ethics & Management
- CEOE Earth Science: The Earth & Moon
- CEOE Earth Science: The Sun
- CEOE Earth Science: Solar System
- CEOE Earth Science: Stars
- CEOE Earth Science: Galaxies
- CEOE Earth Science: The Universe
- CEOE Earth Science: Atmosphere
- CEOE Earth Science: Weather
- CEOE Earth Science: Weather Forecasting
- CEOE Earth Science: Climate
- CEOE Earth Science: Climate Change
- CEOE Earth Science: Rocks & Minerals
- CEOE Earth Science: Earth's Internal Structure
- CEOE Earth Science: Plate Tectonics
- CEOE Earth Science: Weathering, Erosion & Deposition
- CEOE Earth Science: Geologic History
- CEOE Earth Science: Freshwater Systems
- CEOE Earth Science: Oceans
- OSAT Earth Science (CEOE) (008) Flashcards