About This Chapter
CEOE Earth Science: Mathematics, Science & Technology - Chapter Summary
Advances in design and software have made the relationship between math and science studies incredibly easy. This set of video lessons in the CEOE Earth Science review course looks at the foundations of these relationships while you prepare to take this exam. As well as addressing the importance of STEM education, you will be reviewing the following topics:
- Earth and space science and STEM
- Math and science in technological design
- Software that helps solve problems
- Math models and problem solving
- Unifying themes and relationships in science
- Relationships in physical and life sciences
These video lessons all come equipped with a timeline feature that allows you to seamlessly move back and forth in each lesson at your own pace, without worrying about skipping past any content. In addition, these lessons can all be viewed on mobile devices with ease, enabling you to pick up where you left off while on the go.
CEOE Earth Science: Mathematics, Science & Technology Chapter Objectives
The Certification Examination for Oklahoma Educators (CEOE) Earth Science exam is given to all teachers for public schools in the state of Oklahoma interested in becoming certified to teach related courses. Questions on technology in math and science can be found on the Foundations of Scientific Inquiry section of this exam, which is divided into two parts: one multiple-choice section (thirteen percent of the test), and one question in constructed-response (fifteen percent of the test).
1. What Is STEM Education? - Definition, Importance & Standards
STEM stands for science, technology, engineering, and math. Learn more about what STEM education is, why it is important and explore standards associated with STEM. A short quiz follows the lesson.
2. Earth & Space Science: Relationship with STEM
Learn what earth and space science is and how that fits into the wider category of STEM subjects. Take a quiz and see how well you understand the relationship between the two.
3. The Role of Math & Science in Technological Design
Math and science play an important part in solving technical problems. In this lesson, learn how both of these fields are used in the real world to solve technical problems.
4. Using Mathematical Models to Solve Problems
Mathematical modeling simply refers to the creation of mathematical formulas to represent a real world problem in mathematical terms. This lesson reviews the creation and pitfalls of mathematical models.
5. Unifying Themes, Principles & Relationships in Science
Learn the true definition of science and explore the main themes and principles to understand how science helps us find relationships in the natural world. Take a quiz to test what you know.
6. Relationships Between Physical & Life Sciences
After completing this lesson, you will be able to explain the differences between physical and life sciences, and how they overlap in certain fields. A short quiz will follow.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OSAT Earth Science (CEOE) (008): Practice & Study Guide course
- CEOE Earth Science: Scientific Inquiry
- CEOE Earth Science: Collecting, Analyzing & Presenting Data
- CEOE Earth Science: Physical & Mathematical Models
- CEOE Earth Science: Laboratory & Equipment Procedures
- CEOE Earth Science: History & Applications
- CEOE Earth Science: Earth Science Phenomena & Social Implications
- CEOE Earth Science: Natural Resources & Human Impact
- CEOE Earth Science: Environmental Ethics & Management
- CEOE Earth Science: The Earth & Moon
- CEOE Earth Science: The Sun
- CEOE Earth Science: Solar System
- CEOE Earth Science: Stars
- CEOE Earth Science: Galaxies
- CEOE Earth Science: The Universe
- CEOE Earth Science: Atmosphere
- CEOE Earth Science: Weather
- CEOE Earth Science: Weather Forecasting
- CEOE Earth Science: Climate
- CEOE Earth Science: Climate Change
- CEOE Earth Science: Rocks & Minerals
- CEOE Earth Science: Earth's Internal Structure
- CEOE Earth Science: Plate Tectonics
- CEOE Earth Science: Weathering, Erosion & Deposition
- CEOE Earth Science: Geologic History
- CEOE Earth Science: Hydrologic Systems
- CEOE Earth Science: Freshwater Systems
- CEOE Earth Science: Oceans
- OSAT Earth Science (CEOE) (008) Flashcards