About This Chapter
CEOE Marketing: Brand Positioning & Consumer Protection - Chapter Summary
Learn more about brand positioning and consumer protection prior to taking the CEOE Marketing test. You can use this chapter to review the ways that branding changes the perception of a brand, product or company as well as the laws designed to protect the rights of consumers. Specifically, the lessons in this chapter cover:
- Positioning and differentiation
- Consumer protection
- Consumer rights
- Government regulatory agencies
- Marketing feedback
Each lesson in this chapter includes a short video as well as a text transcript and multiple-choice quiz. You can easily review any parts of the videos that need a second look with the included video tags. The instructors are also available to answer questions should you need any clarifications as you study.
CEOE Marketing: Brand Positioning & Consumer Protection Chapter Objectives
This test is used to assess the skills and knowledge of prospective marketing teachers in Oklahoma. The computer-based exam includes 100 multiple-choice questions on marketing principles, sales, merchandise control, economics, promotions and more. The topics in this chapter are part of the multiple sections within the test. For instance, the Marketing Principles section includes questions on marketing in the consumer and business markets, and the Economics, Business and Entrepreneurship subarea includes questions that check your understanding of laws affecting marketing activities and the rights protected by federal laws and agencies.
You can use the videos in this chapter to prepare for all the questions in relevant areas of marketing. Use the quizzes to practice for the exam by answering questions that are similar to those you will find on the actual test.
1. Positioning and Differentiation in Consumer Marketing
Consumers' perceptions of products and brands are influenced by the marketing and promotional plan. Marketers must identify the key characteristics that are important to the target market and then ensure that their product stands out in the minds of the consumers as the best choice for purchase.
2. Branding and Brand Equity in Business Marketing
Brand and brand equity go hand-in-hand in the marketing arena. Here, we will discuss how a brand develops and how that leads to increased brand equity.
3. What Is Consumer Protection? - Product Liability, Laws & Rights
Consumer protection refers to the laws and other forms of government regulation designed to protect consumers. One form of consumer protection is product liability. This lesson explains consumer protection and product liability.
4. Five Major Consumer Rights
Consumers should expect safe products and ethical behavior from businesses. While there is not any official regulation, President Kennedy introduced four of the five major consumer rights: safety, information, choice, voice and redress.
5. Government Regulation Agencies for Consumer Protection
You will learn about the government regulatory agencies that protect consumers. We'll discuss what the acronyms CFPB, CPSC, FTC, FDA, NHTSA, and SEC stand for and their organizations' responsibilities.
6. What Is Feedback in Marketing? - Definition, Systems & Examples
In this lesson, we will cover the meaning of feedback marketing and the different types of strategies companies use to receive customer feedback. Learn more about customer focused marketing and test your knowledge with a quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OSAT Marketing Education (CEOE) (041): Practice & Study Guide course
- CEOE Marketing: Marketing Principles
- CEOE Marketing: Researching, Collecting & Evaluating Data
- CEOE Marketing: Strategies & Segmentation
- CEOE Marketing: Product Management
- CEOE Marketing: Pricing Strategies
- CEOE Marketing: Distribution Channels
- CEOE Marketing: The Selling Process
- CEOE Marketing: Customer Service
- CEOE Marketing: Role & Impact of Promotion
- CEOE Marketing: Merchandising
- CEOE Marketing: Security & Safety Issues
- CEOE Marketing: Economics Overview
- CEOE Marketing: Business Structures & Organization
- CEOE Marketing: The Marketing Plan
- CEOE Marketing: Financial Principles
- CEOE Marketing: Business Communication
- CEOE Marketing: Human Resource Management
- CEOE Marketing: Human Relations & Leadership Skills
- CEOE Marketing: Motivation in the Workplace
- CEOE Marketing: Information Management
- CEOE Marketing: Professional Development
- OSAT Marketing Education (CEOE) (041) Flashcards