About This Chapter
CEOE Marketing Education: Customer Service - Chapter Summary
Reexamine the different types of customer service along with the characteristics of customer satisfaction and customer relationship techniques to refresh your memory for the CEOE Marketing Education exam. This chapter includes lessons that cover the following topics:
- Customer service
- Customer satisfaction
- Customer relations
- Ethical behavior in marketing
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
Watch engaging videos or review their corresponding text transcripts. Pay attention to the bold key terms in the chapter's text to assess the degree of your knowledge on the most vital words and concepts. These terms also are likely to be seen in the lessons' self-assessment quizzes.
Objectives of the CEOE Marketing Education: Customer Service Chapter
The CEOE Marketing Education exam assesses your expertise in order to decide if the scope of your knowledge is consistent with requirements in Oklahoma for entry-level marketing instructors. The exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions that are spread out among four subareas. The second subarea of the test on sales, promotions and merchandise control is the section where you can find questions on customer service.
1. What Is Customer Service? - Definition, Types & Role in Marketing
Customer service is the act of taking care of the customer's needs by providing and delivering professional, helpful, high quality service and assistance before, during, and after the customer's requirements are met.
2. What is Customer Satisfaction? - Definition & Examples
Customer satisfaction is essential for business success in today's marketplace. In this lesson, you'll learn what customer satisfaction is and be provided some examples. A short quiz follows the lesson.
3. Customer Relations: Definition & Concept
Cultivating customer relations is crucial to the success of any business. In this lesson, you'll learn about customer relations including some of its key concepts. A brief quiz follows the lesson.
4. Ethical Behavior in Marketing: What Are Marketing Ethics?
Watch our lesson to learn the definition of ethics and how it relates to business and marketing. You will also learn about the idea of ethical business behavior.
5. Customer Relationship Management and Marketing Technology
Customer relationship management helps companies retain customers and boost the effectiveness of their marketing strategies. Watch this video to see how customer relationship management is guided by technology to provide the most appropriate level of customer service.
6. Customer Relationship Management: Using CRM to Focus on Customers
Customer relationship management (CRM) is an enterprise business system that organizations utilize to acquire, enhance, and retain relationships with customers. This lesson explores how CRM helps organizations become more customer-focused and profitable by combining functional processes with business operations.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OSAT Marketing Education (CEOE) (041): Practice & Study Guide course
- CEOE Marketing: Marketing Principles
- CEOE Marketing: Researching, Collecting & Evaluating Data
- CEOE Marketing: Strategies & Segmentation
- CEOE Marketing: Product Management
- CEOE Marketing: Brand Positioning & Consumer Protection
- CEOE Marketing: Pricing Strategies
- CEOE Marketing: Distribution Channels
- CEOE Marketing: The Selling Process
- CEOE Marketing: Role & Impact of Promotion
- CEOE Marketing: Merchandising
- CEOE Marketing: Security & Safety Issues
- CEOE Marketing: Economics Overview
- CEOE Marketing: Business Structures & Organization
- CEOE Marketing: The Marketing Plan
- CEOE Marketing: Financial Principles
- CEOE Marketing: Business Communication
- CEOE Marketing: Human Resource Management
- CEOE Marketing: Human Relations & Leadership Skills
- CEOE Marketing: Motivation in the Workplace
- CEOE Marketing: Information Management
- CEOE Marketing: Professional Development
- OSAT Marketing Education (CEOE) (041) Flashcards