About This Chapter
CEOE Marketing: Financial Principles - Chapter Summary
Examine the basic principles of finance as they apply to marketing in preparation for the CEOE Marketing Education exam. This chapter includes lessons on allocating the financial resources of a company, securing operating fund and sources of long-term financing. Specific topics covered in this chapter include:
- Duties of financial managers
- Financial planning and controls
- Operating funds
- Debt and equity capital
- Long- and short-term financing
- Business and consumer credit
After watching these short video lessons, you can use the text transcripts to review key terms and go over any concepts that you were unclear on. You can then take the corresponding multiple-choice quiz to gauge your understanding; these quiz questions are formatted similar to those you'll encounter on the actual test.
CEOE Marketing: Financial Principles - Objectives
The CEOE Marketing Education exam assesses the skills of those seeking a credential to teach marketing in Oklahoma. The computer-based exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions that cover four subareas of marketing. The economics, business and entrepreneurship subarea of the test includes questions on financial principles. You can use this chapter to prepare for questions on the sourcing of financing, general principles of finance, types of credit and loans that you may encounter on this test.
1. The Role and Responsibilities of Financial Managers
Financial managers play a pivotal role in the success of companies. In this lesson, you'll learn about the duties and responsibilities of financial managers. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz after the lesson.
2. The Financial Planning Process
Financial planning is essential for the success of any business. In this lesson, you'll learn about the financial planning process that businesses perform, including preparation of a master budget, capital budget and cash budget.
3. Establishing Financial Controls & Securing Operating Funds
Financial controls are important to monitor the financial health of companies. In this lesson, we will introduce different financial controls and learn how firms secure operating funding.
4. Debt Capital Vs Equity Capital
Sufficient capital is essential for starting, maintaining and growing a business. In this lesson, you'll learn how a corporation can raise capital through equity and debt. You'll also learn about the advantages and disadvantages of each approach.
5. Sources of Short-Term Financing
Companies often need to utilize financing to cover shortfalls in cash flow. In this lesson, you'll learn about sources of short-term financing available to companies including trade credit, lines of credit, bank loans and credit cards.
6. Sources of Long-Term Financing
Some businesses require a large amount of capital to get off the ground or expand. In this lesson, you'll learn about sources of long-term financing, including commercial loans, selling equity and issuing debt.
7. Principles of Business & Consumer Credit
More and more, world economies are relying more on credit and less on cash as a medium of exchange. In this lesson, we'll define credit, discuss the differences between business and consumer credit, and talk about the economic impact of credit.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OSAT Marketing Education (CEOE) (041): Practice & Study Guide course
- CEOE Marketing: Marketing Principles
- CEOE Marketing: Researching, Collecting & Evaluating Data
- CEOE Marketing: Strategies & Segmentation
- CEOE Marketing: Product Management
- CEOE Marketing: Brand Positioning & Consumer Protection
- CEOE Marketing: Pricing Strategies
- CEOE Marketing: Distribution Channels
- CEOE Marketing: The Selling Process
- CEOE Marketing: Customer Service
- CEOE Marketing: Role & Impact of Promotion
- CEOE Marketing: Merchandising
- CEOE Marketing: Security & Safety Issues
- CEOE Marketing: Economics Overview
- CEOE Marketing: Business Structures & Organization
- CEOE Marketing: The Marketing Plan
- CEOE Marketing: Business Communication
- CEOE Marketing: Human Resource Management
- CEOE Marketing: Human Relations & Leadership Skills
- CEOE Marketing: Motivation in the Workplace
- CEOE Marketing: Information Management
- CEOE Marketing: Professional Development
- OSAT Marketing Education (CEOE) (041) Flashcards