About This Chapter
CEOE Marketing: Human Relations & Leadership Skills - Chapter Summary
Prepare for the CEOE Marketing exam with this chapter's video lessons on the importance of leadership and management skills. Our experienced instructors can help you review the four functions of management and learn the qualities of a good manager. Additional topics covered in these videos include:
- Management levels
- Qualities of a good manager
- Management roles
- Four types of planning
- Strategic management
- Functions of management
- Leadership roles
You have the option of watching the short videos or reading the corresponding transcripts to review these concepts that you'll encounter on the CEOE Marketing exam. You can also use the lesson quizzes and end-of-chapter exam to check your understanding and see if any areas need more review.
CEOE Marketing: Human Relations & Leadership Skills Objectives
The lessons in this chapter are designed to prepare you for questions within the employment, communication and problem-solving skills section of this test. The questions may ask you to demonstrate your knowledge of leadership styles and skills in the marketing environment.
The CEOE Marketing test is used to determine your eligibility for a marketing education teaching license in Oklahoma. It is a paper-based exam that consists of 100 multiple-choice questions that cover four subareas of marketing. You have four hours to complete this test.
1. Management in Organizations: Top, Middle & Low-Level Managers
The role of a manager in organizations is complex. While managers can come in different shapes and sizes they all share the task of utilizing people and resources to achieve organizational goals. This lesson will discuss the roles and functions of management found in each of the three levels of management.
2. Managerial Skills: How Good Managers Promote Productivity
This lesson will discuss the types of skills a manager needs, including technical, human, and conceptual skills. You'll learn how each of these skill sets impacts a manager's ability to effectively lead his or her employees.
3. Henry Mintzberg's Managerial Roles
There are many roles a manager has within an organization. Henry Mintzberg describes ten specific managerial roles most commonly seen within organizations. This lesson will discuss each of these roles and what behaviors are associated with them.
4. Four Functions of Management: Planning, Organizing, Leading & Controlling
A person who holds a management position inside an organization is required to think strategically and conceptually in order to achieve organizational goals. This lesson will describe the four functions of management and how they relate to organizational success.
5. Planning as a Function of Management
In this lesson, you will learn the role of planning as a function of management. Discover the advantages of and barriers to planning, and how it is used to achieve organizational goals.
6. Types of Planning: Strategic, Tactical, Operational & Contingency Planning
This lesson will explain the four types of planning used by managers, including strategic, tactical, operational and contingency planning. Terms, such as single-use plans, continuing plans, policy, procedure and rule, will also be defined.
7. The Strategic Management Process
We will be reviewing the strategic management process, starting with the four main steps of the process. These steps provide the foundation for understanding strategic management as a whole and will serve you well as you deal with management decision-making situations.
8. Organizing as a Function of Management
Once a plan is in place, a manager must put it into action. This lesson explains the role of organizing as a function of management as well as its relationship with planning.
9. Leading as a Function of Management
This lesson teaches you about leading as a function of management by examining the surprising similarities between two very different leadership scenarios: leadership at war and leadership in the workplace.
10. Leadership: Leaders & Their Role in Organizations
Leadership is the action of leading employees to achieve goals. It plays an important role in employee performance and productivity. Learn about how leaders influence employee behavior in this lesson.
11. Controlling as a Function of Management
In this lesson, we will explore the role of controlling as a function of management and its use of various control mechanisms to reach organizational goals.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OSAT Marketing Education (CEOE) (041): Practice & Study Guide course
- CEOE Marketing: Marketing Principles
- CEOE Marketing: Researching, Collecting & Evaluating Data
- CEOE Marketing: Strategies & Segmentation
- CEOE Marketing: Product Management
- CEOE Marketing: Brand Positioning & Consumer Protection
- CEOE Marketing: Pricing Strategies
- CEOE Marketing: Distribution Channels
- CEOE Marketing: The Selling Process
- CEOE Marketing: Customer Service
- CEOE Marketing: Role & Impact of Promotion
- CEOE Marketing: Merchandising
- CEOE Marketing: Security & Safety Issues
- CEOE Marketing: Economics Overview
- CEOE Marketing: Business Structures & Organization
- CEOE Marketing: The Marketing Plan
- CEOE Marketing: Financial Principles
- CEOE Marketing: Business Communication
- CEOE Marketing: Human Resource Management
- CEOE Marketing: Motivation in the Workplace
- CEOE Marketing: Information Management
- CEOE Marketing: Professional Development
- OSAT Marketing Education (CEOE) (041) Flashcards