About This Chapter
CEOE Marketing Education: Human Resource Management - Chapter Summary
While you're reviewing this chapter, you'll find lessons to refresh your memory on the common staffing selection methods, different interview types and the advantages and disadvantages of external recruitment. This chapter also prepares you for CEOE Marketing Education exam questions about the following:
- Human resource management laws and regulations
- The fundamental pieces of the hiring process
- Advantages, disadvantages and methods of external recruitment
- The function and characteristics of new employee orientation
- Training needs assessment for organizations
- Different types of employee training programs
- Realistic job preview purpose and examples
Watch the fun videos and then look over the transcripts to have a thorough review in a short amount of time. Use the video tags to quickly get to any particular segment in the chapter's video lessons.
Objectives of the CEOE Marketing Education: Human Resource Management Chapter
All the major content in this chapter will be fresh in your mind for your CEOE Marketing Education exam. There are 100 questions on the exam and they are all multiple choice. The engaging lessons in this chapter along with the practice questions in the chapter quizzes effectively help you get ready for test items you'll see on human resource management issues, which are found within the management subarea of the test.
1. Human Resource Management: Hiring and Staffing
In this lesson, we will explore the role a manager plays in human resource management, including hiring and staffing. We will also look at the circumstances affecting employment decisions such as promotion, turnover, downsizing, job redesign and termination.
2. Assessing Training Needs of an Organization
This lesson discusses the process of assessing the training needs of an organization, which begins with looking at what is presently being done there and comparing that to what needs to be done. New training plans can then be put into place, making it possible for managers to solve problems.
3. Human Resource Management (HRM): Laws & Regulations
Learn about several laws, regulations, policies and governing entities that human resource management (HRM) must comply with, like the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VII, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), sexual harassment and affirmative action.
4. The Hiring Process: How Human Resource Managers Recruit and Hire Employees
When a company is hiring, they need to ensure that they hire the right employees. There are several different steps involved in the hiring process. This lesson explains these steps that include application forms, testing, interviewing, reference checks and health exams.
5. Common Staffing Selection Methods: Definitions, Interview Types, Pros & Cons
Most companies rely on interviewing potential employees as part of the selection process. In this lesson, you'll learn about different types of interviews utilized by companies. We'll also cover some of the major pitfalls in using them.
6. Internal Recruitment: Definition, Methods & Process
Successful companies need good employees. Those employees can come from outside the organization or they can move from within. In this lesson, you'll learn what internal recruitment is and how it can be a good thing for employees and the company.
7. External Recruitment: Advantages, Disadvantages & Methods
Do you have a job vacancy and want to learn more about external recruiting? Read on to find out the advantages and disadvantages of this type of recruiting process, as well as the different methods that are used to find potential employees outside of an organization.
8. New Employee Orientation: Function & Characteristics
The function of new employee orientation introduces a new employee to the company, its policies, the coworkers and the job itself. Its characteristics include introducing the employee to the company's culture, roles and responsibilities, job description and other important things an employee will need to know.
9. Types of Employee Training Programs
There are several types of employee training programs. Employees may receive basic literacy training, interpersonal skills training, technical training, problem-solving training and diversity or sensitivity training. Each type of training targets a different facet of an organization's overall culture and performance.
10. Realistic Job Previews: Definition, Purpose & Examples
Companies are always concerned with employee turnover and job commitment. Realistic job previews allow potential employees to get a view of both the positive and negative aspects of a potential position.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OSAT Marketing Education (CEOE) (041): Practice & Study Guide course
- CEOE Marketing: Marketing Principles
- CEOE Marketing: Researching, Collecting & Evaluating Data
- CEOE Marketing: Strategies & Segmentation
- CEOE Marketing: Product Management
- CEOE Marketing: Brand Positioning & Consumer Protection
- CEOE Marketing: Pricing Strategies
- CEOE Marketing: Distribution Channels
- CEOE Marketing: The Selling Process
- CEOE Marketing: Customer Service
- CEOE Marketing: Role & Impact of Promotion
- CEOE Marketing: Merchandising
- CEOE Marketing: Security & Safety Issues
- CEOE Marketing: Economics Overview
- CEOE Marketing: Business Structures & Organization
- CEOE Marketing: The Marketing Plan
- CEOE Marketing: Financial Principles
- CEOE Marketing: Business Communication
- CEOE Marketing: Human Relations & Leadership Skills
- CEOE Marketing: Motivation in the Workplace
- CEOE Marketing: Information Management
- CEOE Marketing: Professional Development
- OSAT Marketing Education (CEOE) (041) Flashcards