About This Chapter
CEOE Marketing: Marketing Principles - Chapter Summary
The lessons in this chapter provide an introduction to basic marketing principles and applications to help you prepare for the CEOE Marketing exam for teacher certification in Oklahoma. The videos include lessons on the following topics:
- Marketing applications
- Market and sales orientation
- Marketing environments
- Social factors in marketing
- Consumer and industry reactions
- Political and legal environments
- Foreign and domestic competition
- Social impacts
The chapter is broken into multiple lessons that focus on different areas of marketing. After watching the videos and refreshing your knowledge of basic marketing techniques, you can reinforce the concepts by taking the multiple-choice quizzes and end-of-chapter exam.
CEOE Marketing: Marketing Principles - Chapter Objectives
The CEOE Marketing Education exam is a computer-based test that includes 100 selected-response questions; you'll have four hours to complete the test. Questions come from four main content areas, one of which is marketing principles. The lessons in this chapter are specifically designed to help you prepare for questions in this section that ask you to demonstrate your understanding basic marketing concepts, functions and goals, as well as analyze the social significance of marketing.
1. Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications
In this introductory video lesson on marketing, you'll learn what marketing is, how it's used to reach consumers and why it's important to businesses. You'll also see how exchange is related to marketing.
2. Marketing, Production, Sales & Societal Marketing Orientation
You will learn the difference between marketing, production, sales and societal marketing orientations and how it can affect a company's financial success.
3. Market Orientation and Sales Orientation: Definition and Differences
You will learn the different ways an organization can focus their internal strengths. You will understand the five main differences between a sales and market orientation.
4. Marketing Environment: External Influences on Marketing Strategy
What influences how a business sells its products - and itself? In this lesson, you will learn more about external influences that affect the marketing strategy of a business.
5. Attitudes, Values & Belief: Social Factors in Marketing
Why do consumers make the choices they do? What causes them to purchase certain products? In this lesson, you will learn how the culture, attitudes, values and beliefs of consumers are the social factors that affect how marketers create a successful target marketing mix.
6. Consumer and Industry Reaction to the Market and Economy
Marketers have to understand the environmental factors that can affect a marketing plan. The economy has a dramatic impact on a marketer's overall strategy for pricing, product development, promotion and logistics.
7. The Political and Legal Environment of Marketing
In this lesson, you will learn about the political and legal environment of marketing. Learn which federal legislation, state laws and regulatory agencies have an effect on businesses.
8. Foreign and Domestic Business Competition: Definition and Regulations
Marketers have to understand the environmental factors that can affect a marketing plan. The competitive landscape has a dramatic impact on a marketer's overall strategy for pricing, product development, promotion and logistics.
9. Social Significance of Marketing
Marketing plays a significant part in society. In this lesson, we will explore the social significance of marketing by discussing its impact on consumerism, social status, and how it reinforces our personal values.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OSAT Marketing Education (CEOE) (041): Practice & Study Guide course
- CEOE Marketing: Researching, Collecting & Evaluating Data
- CEOE Marketing: Strategies & Segmentation
- CEOE Marketing: Product Management
- CEOE Marketing: Brand Positioning & Consumer Protection
- CEOE Marketing: Pricing Strategies
- CEOE Marketing: Distribution Channels
- CEOE Marketing: The Selling Process
- CEOE Marketing: Customer Service
- CEOE Marketing: Role & Impact of Promotion
- CEOE Marketing: Merchandising
- CEOE Marketing: Security & Safety Issues
- CEOE Marketing: Economics Overview
- CEOE Marketing: Business Structures & Organization
- CEOE Marketing: The Marketing Plan
- CEOE Marketing: Financial Principles
- CEOE Marketing: Business Communication
- CEOE Marketing: Human Resource Management
- CEOE Marketing: Human Relations & Leadership Skills
- CEOE Marketing: Motivation in the Workplace
- CEOE Marketing: Information Management
- CEOE Marketing: Professional Development
- OSAT Marketing Education (CEOE) (041) Flashcards