About This Chapter
CEOE Marketing Education: Professional Development - Chapter Summary
Use the fun video lessons and transcripts in this chapter to prepare for CEOE Marketing Education exam questions about the major types of career assessments and their benefits. Other chapter topics include:
- The difference between a career and a job
- Avoiding common job interview mistakes
- Job application tips
- Parts of a resume and relevant information
- Cover letter importance and format
- Maximizing internship career potential
- Various marketing employment opportunities
- The major types of career advancement
In addition to a discussion on the resume sections and proper information, this chapter also reviews resume formatting tips and checking the distribution type. The combination of text and video coverage in the lessons gives you multiple ways to reinforce your knowledge with information aligned with the exam's content.
Objectives of the CEOE Marketing Education: Professional Development Chapter
The CEOE Marketing Education test has a total of 100 multiple-choice questions. The exam is computer-based and examinees have to work with a time limit of four hours. The topics in this chapter may be found within the Employment, Communication, and Problem-Solving Skills sub area. Become familiar with some of the kinds of questions you'll be answering on the test as you take the self-assessment quizzes for each lesson.
1. Marketing Career Opportunities
Behind every glossy magazine ad and catchy television commercial jingle, there's a marketer working hard to grab your attention. Learn more about this lucrative career field and the wide range of jobs available.
2. How to Maximize Your Internship's Career Potential
An internship is a great opportunity to get experience in a career field. But how can you make the most of your time as an intern? In this lesson, we'll offer tips for maximizing your internship in the areas of learning, relationships and performance.
3. How to Create a Great Resume and Cover Letter
The first impression that a company has of you is your resume and cover letter. But how can you make them stand out from the crowd? Watch this lesson for tips on how to create a winning resume and cover letter.
4. Parts of Your Resume: Sections & Relevant Information
An effective resume starts with creating a 3-part summary of your qualifications: work experience, education and personal achievements. Every resume should be tailored specifically to match a job advertisement's requirements.
5. Tailoring the Content of Your Resume for a Job
A job applicant should be knowledgeable of how to tailor the content of their resume for a specific job. A custom, detailed, directed resume offers the best chance of acquiring an interview.
6. Formatting Your Resume: Layout & Distribution Types
Everyone appreciates the importance of a first impression. There are specific layout and distribution types of a resume that can create a professional, visually impressive image in the mind of the reader.
7. The Cover Letter: Importance, Details & Format
The cover letter is a necessity when applying for a job. There is a basic format that you can follow consisting of a salutation, three paragraphs and a close that can be used to get a potential employer's attention.
8. How to Avoid Common Job Application Mistakes
Applying for jobs can be a stressful time but knowing the common mistakes that people make during the application process can help lessen the stress. In this lesson, we'll look at common mistakes people make before and during a job interview.
9. How to Prepare For Your Job Interview
The job interview is an important part of the job application process. How can you make sure that you do your best? In this lesson, we'll examine ways to prepare for a job interview, including what to do before, during, and after the interview.
10. How to Avoid Job Interview Pitfalls
The job interview is an important moment for many people. But many people make mistakes that could cost them the job. In this lesson, we'll examine some common interview pitfalls and what you can do to avoid them.
11. Career Assessments: Types & Benefits
There are many career choices out there. How do you decide which one is right for you? In this lesson, we'll examine the different types of career assessments and how they can help you choose the best career.
12. Online Career Research Tools
How do you figure out what career is right for you? And, once you know, how do you find out more about that career? In this lesson, we'll look at some types of online career research tools that allow people to find out more about different careers.
13. Career vs. Job: What's the Difference?
Though people often use the terms 'career' and 'job' interchangeably, they aren't the same. In this lesson, we'll look at the difference between a career and a job, and how people should approach them differently.
14. Types of Opportunities to Grow in Your Career
Everyone wants to move forward in their careers, but how can you do that? In this lesson, we'll look at the two major types of career advancement, internal and external, and how to make the best of both.
15. How to Advance in Your Career: Process & Expectations
How do you get a promotion or move to a better job? Watch this lesson for tips and tricks to advance in your career, including how to set goals and be proactive when it comes to career success.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OSAT Marketing Education (CEOE) (041): Practice & Study Guide course
- CEOE Marketing: Marketing Principles
- CEOE Marketing: Researching, Collecting & Evaluating Data
- CEOE Marketing: Strategies & Segmentation
- CEOE Marketing: Product Management
- CEOE Marketing: Brand Positioning & Consumer Protection
- CEOE Marketing: Pricing Strategies
- CEOE Marketing: Distribution Channels
- CEOE Marketing: The Selling Process
- CEOE Marketing: Customer Service
- CEOE Marketing: Role & Impact of Promotion
- CEOE Marketing: Merchandising
- CEOE Marketing: Security & Safety Issues
- CEOE Marketing: Economics Overview
- CEOE Marketing: Business Structures & Organization
- CEOE Marketing: The Marketing Plan
- CEOE Marketing: Financial Principles
- CEOE Marketing: Business Communication
- CEOE Marketing: Human Resource Management
- CEOE Marketing: Human Relations & Leadership Skills
- CEOE Marketing: Motivation in the Workplace
- CEOE Marketing: Information Management
- OSAT Marketing Education (CEOE) (041) Flashcards