About This Chapter
CEOE Marketing: The Marketing Plan - Chapter Summary
This chapter includes multiple engaging videos that discuss the basic elements of a marketing plan to help you prepare for the CEOE Marketing exam. These lessons cover:
- Marketing plan overview
- SWOT analysis
- Forecasts, metrics and budgets
- Marketing objectives
- Integrated marketing communications
- Marketing plan controls
- Evaluation methods
You can review the 5-10 minute video lessons included in this chapter to refresh your knowledge and help you remember the steps to creating an effective marketing plan. The transcripts include bolded vocabulary terms, and multiple-choice quizzes are also available to test your understanding and help you practice for test day.
CEOE Marketing: The Marketing Plan Objectives
The CEOE Marketing Education exam is just one of the credential tests Oklahoma uses to gauge the knowledge and teaching skills of prospective teachers. The exam covers multiple topics related to marketing principles, sales, business, merchandise control, promotions and economics. The topics in this Marketing Plan chapter are covered within the marketing principles content area. Specifically, the content is designed to prepare you to answer questions on the development of marketing plans. You can use the quizzes and chapter exam found here to become comfortable with the test format.
1. What is a Marketing Plan? - Definition & Sample
In this lesson, we will learn what a marketing plan is and why it is so important for a business to have one. We will cover the specific strategies the plan should have in order to help the organization achieve its goals.
2. What is SWOT: Situation Analysis in Marketing
A successful business needs to know its capabilities as well as the marketplace in which it competes. In this video, learn how to define a mission statement and conduct a situational analysis.
3. Sales Forecasts, Marketing Metrics & Marketing Budgets
Various tools in the marketing world can be useful for projecting and tracking plans and goals. In this lesson, you'll learn more about sales forecasts, marketing metrics, and marketing budgets.
4. What Are Marketing Objectives? - Examples & Overview
Marketing objectives are essential for any organization that wants to raise awareness about itself, its products, or its services. Great marketing objectives should help build organizational awareness and grow customer loyalty.
5. Integrated Marketing Communication and the Marketing Plan
In order to compete in today's difficult market, a marketing manager must create not just a promotional mix, but an integrated marketing communications plan. This is a coordinating plan of promotional messages for a product to ensure consistency. The product's promotional message should be consistent and create an overall integrated theme.
6. Marketing Plan Controls: Examples & Explanation
Marketing plan controls compare actual results to your marketing plan to make sure your efforts are generating the anticipated results. In this lesson, we'll discuss some common marketing controls and how to use them to analyze your marketing efforts.
7. How to Evaluate a Marketing Plan
Marketing plans are evaluated to measure their impact on companies and consumers. In this lesson, we will explore how to evaluate marketing plans through customer satisfaction and brand value surveys, Return on Investment calculations, and market share research.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OSAT Marketing Education (CEOE) (041): Practice & Study Guide course
- CEOE Marketing: Marketing Principles
- CEOE Marketing: Researching, Collecting & Evaluating Data
- CEOE Marketing: Strategies & Segmentation
- CEOE Marketing: Product Management
- CEOE Marketing: Brand Positioning & Consumer Protection
- CEOE Marketing: Pricing Strategies
- CEOE Marketing: Distribution Channels
- CEOE Marketing: The Selling Process
- CEOE Marketing: Customer Service
- CEOE Marketing: Role & Impact of Promotion
- CEOE Marketing: Merchandising
- CEOE Marketing: Security & Safety Issues
- CEOE Marketing: Economics Overview
- CEOE Marketing: Business Structures & Organization
- CEOE Marketing: Financial Principles
- CEOE Marketing: Business Communication
- CEOE Marketing: Human Resource Management
- CEOE Marketing: Human Relations & Leadership Skills
- CEOE Marketing: Motivation in the Workplace
- CEOE Marketing: Information Management
- CEOE Marketing: Professional Development
- OSAT Marketing Education (CEOE) (041) Flashcards