About This Chapter
CEOE Physics: Electrostatics - Chapter Summary
These short, entertaining video lessons review the electrostatics concepts you need to be successful on the CEOE Physics certification test. As you work through the chapter, you will cover:
- Charge, positive and negative forces
- Force fields
- Coulomb's Law regarding force between charged particles
- Electric potential energy
Take the quiz after each lesson to assess your mastery of the subject material. Use the video transcripts to hunt down key concepts and terms. If you need any additional support, don't hesitate to reach out to our instructors.
Objectives of the CEOE Physics: Electrostatics Chapter
The CEOE Physics test is a computerized exam of eighty-one tasks and a cutoff time of four hours. Eighty of the items are multiple-choice questions, and they account for eighty-five percent of your score. An essay task accounts for the remainder.
The lesson quizzes in this chapter help you practice using the important electrostatics concepts you'll need on the exam, but also introduce you to the exam format. Use them to get comfortable answering CEOE-style questions and assess your pace.
1. Electric Charge and Force: Definition, Repulsion & Attraction
Have you ever wondered what electricity is and where it comes from? Have you ever been zapped by static electricity and wondered how it got there? We'll answer all of these questions in this lesson on electric charge and force!
2. Electric Force Fields and the Significance of Arrow Direction & Spacing
Did you know that force fields don't just exist in science fiction movies? In this lesson, we'll explore the electric force fields that surround charged particles and how we can draw diagrams that represent them.
3. Coulomb's Law: Variables Affecting the Force Between Two Charged Particles
In the 18th century, Charles Coulomb uncovered the secrets of electrostatic force between charged particles. The results of his experiments led to what is now known as Coulomb's Law, which tells us how force, charge, and distance are all related.
4. Electric Potential: Charge Collections and Volt Unit
In this lesson, we'll find out that electric charges can be rather lazy until something motivates them to get work done. Find out what gives electric charges the potential to do work and how we measure that potential with something called voltage.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OSAT Physics (CEOE) (014): Practice & Study Guide course
- CEOE Physics: Introduction to Scientific Research
- CEOE Physics: Cross-Cutting Concepts in Science
- CEOE Physics: Force & the Laws of Motion
- CEOE Physics: Rotational Motion, Collisions & Conservation
- CEOE Physics: Laws of Gravitation
- CEOE Physics: Oscillations
- CEOE Physics: Fluid Mechanics
- CEOE Physics: Work, Energy & Power
- CEOE Physics: Linear & Angular Momentum
- CEOE Physics: Electromagnetism
- CEOE Physics: Circuit Overview
- CEOE Physics: Waves & Wave Motion
- CEOE Physics: Sound & Sound Waves
- CEOE Physics: Electromagnetic Waves
- CEOE Physics: Light, Mirrors & Lenses
- CEOE Physics: Kinetic Theory & Thermodynamics
- CEOE Physics: Atomic Structure & Nuclear Physics
- CEOE Physics: Quantum Physics
- OSAT Physics (CEOE) (014) Flashcards