About This Chapter
CEOE Reading Specialist: Collaborating with Parents & Communities - Chapter Summary
Use the lessons in this chapter as a refresher study guide for Oklahoma teacher certification test as a reading specialist. Some of the information you will find in these lessons include:
- Tips for parent-teacher conferences
- Effective communication using positive education partnerships
- Middle school education and collaborating with families
- Reading development and community resources
- Middle school instruction resources and collaboration
- Working with colleagues to improve student learning
We make use of 5-10 minute educational videos featuring our subject matter experts to prepare you for certification. We use quizzes and testing to ensure your understanding of course material. Our handy timeline of the video allows you to return to any lesson content that needs to be viewed a second time without having to watch the whole video again.
1. Parent Teacher Conference Tips
'It takes a village to raise a child.' Although many know this to be an old African proverb, research has shown that student achievement increases when parents and teachers work together. This lesson will explore the importance of the parent-teacher conference when it comes to student success.
2. Communicating Effectively Within Positive Education Partnerships
In education, partnerships between teachers and parents, professionals, school and community groups, and others often exist to benefit young children. This lesson focuses on ways to communicate effectively to help these partnerships succeed.
3. Strategies for Collaborating with Families in Middle School Education
Teachers need families to be on their education team and partner in educating children. This lesson explains the importance of family collaboration and gives ways to effectively communicate and foster relationships.
4. Community Resources for Reading Development
In this lesson, we will discuss how to identify and recruit a variety of community resources to promote reading development. These strategies serve to both engage the student in reading for pleasure and engage the community in improving literacy.
5. Resources & Collaboration Middle School Instruction
Partnerships are a critical component to creating a well-rounded and successful educational model. In this lesson, we will look at strategies for forming partnerships and common struggles faces in developing these relationships.
6. Collaborating with Colleagues to Improve Student Learning
As a teacher, you are not alone. You have a variety of other professionals to call upon to help improve student learning. In this lesson, we look at how to leverage their expertise to improve outcomes.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OSAT Reading Specialist (CEOE) (015): Practice & Study Guide course
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Foundations of Literacy
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Information Processing
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Phonological & Phonemic Awareness
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Language Acquisition
- CEOE Reading Specialist: English Language Learners
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Alphabetic Principle & Spelling
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Print Awareness
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Reading Fluency
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Word Analysis
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Vocabulary Development
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Emergent Literacy
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Influences on Reading Development
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Instructional Trends & Movements
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Teaching Reading Comprehension
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Research-Based Instruction
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Analyzing Texts
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Interpreting Texts
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Types of Texts
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Reading Strategies for Students
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Text Elements
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Literacy-Rich Environments
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Assessment Strategies
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Analyzing Assessment Results
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Reading Disabilities & Intervention
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Research in Education
- CEOE Reading Specialist: Professional Development
- OSAT Reading Specialist (CEOE) (015) Flashcards