About This Chapter
CFP Client Relationship - Chapter Summary
The entertaining lessons in this chapter make it easy for you to fully understand what it takes to have successful client relationships as a certified financial planner. Upon completion of these lessons, you will be able to recall the following information:
- Establishing a client-planner relationship
- Client information gathering
- Understanding and analyzing client financial status
- Developing and monitoring client recommendations
- Managing risks
You can access the lessons in this chapter at your leisure to learn about client relationships at a pace that best suits you. Having this flexibility to access the lessons whenever and as many times as you want is beneficial to you. You can even access these lessons anywhere you can get reliable Internet connection because this chapter is mobile friendly.
1. Establishing & Defining the CFP Client-Planner Relationship
How do you build a successful client-planner relationship? It's important to make sure that you, as the planner, understand your client and develop a relationship that is built on trust and respect. Discover the process for building this relationship.
2. CFP Client Information Gathering: Goals & Documents
This lesson gives a brief overview of what a certified financial planner does, then discusses what to expect at an initial client meeting. It goes over what information and documents your CFP will need to give advice.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CFP Certification Exam Study Guide - Certified Financial Planner course
- CFP Board Rules & Regulations
- Financial Planner Professional Conduct & Regulation
- General Principles of Financial Planning
- Education Financial Planning
- Individual Insurance Planning
- Risk Management & Business Insurance Planning
- Types of Investment Vehicles
- Investment Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirement Savings & Income Planning for Individuals
- Retirement Savings & Income Planning for Businesses
- Estate Planning Strategies
- Financial Planning for Personal Life Situations
- CFP Certification Exam Study Guide - Certified Financial Planner Flashcards