About This Chapter
Changes in the Global Marketplace - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
Businesses that haven't incorporated a global awareness cost themselves money in lost sales and excessive production expenses. The lessons in this chapter will teach you about changes in the global marketplace that you'll need know about to be able to compete. Lessons are short videos with a quiz at the end for assessing your understanding of the materials. It is easy to review anything you didn't get the first time by referring to the video transcript or making use of the video timeline tool that allows you to replay any section of the video. When you have completed these lessons, you will know:
- Ongoing changes in the global marketplace
- How the global marketplace functions
- Decision making approaches for a global business to choose from
- How worldwide changes are affecting globalization in business
- Impact of international business trends on expatriation
|The Changing Landscape of the Global Market||Consider the dynamic global market and its opportunities.|
|The Global Marketplace: Definition & Overview||Evaluate where we are with global markets and how developed they are.|
|Decision-Making in a Global Business||Analyze the business strategy of business-as-usual versus a proactive approach to developing a global market.|
|How Worldwide Change Affects Globalization in Business||Focus on the dynamics of worldwide changes and globalization.|
|Trends & Impact of Expatriation on International Business||Appraise the role of the expatriate in today's international business.|
1. The Changing Landscape of the Global Market
The global market is still developing, and a market that is developing is dynamic. The constant change offers opportunities and presents risks to countries and their domestic industries. In this lesson, you'll learn about some of these risks and opportunities.
2. The Global Marketplace: Definition & Overview
We have been on the fast track to a global market, but are we there yet? In this lesson, we will define global market and discuss some of its key concepts. A short quiz follows the lesson.
3. Decision-Making in a Global Business
In this lesson, we explore decision-making in a global business environment, and look at executives as proactive or reactive. They can be aggressive with decision-making or stay passive with decision-making.
4. How Worldwide Change Affects Globalization in Business
In this lesson, we'll explore globalization with definitions and examples. We'll also analyze how global change relates to and affects globalization in business.
5. Trends & Impact of Expatriation on International Business
In this lesson we address trends impacting expatriates, those who reside and work in a foreign country. We look at the effects on individuals and companies and highlight the different categories of expatriates, including traditional, shot-term, commuter, and appointee.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 308: Globalization & International Management course
- Global Business Environments
- Global Leadership & Management
- Virtual Teams & Project Management
- Effect of Globalization on Organizations
- Global Trade & Business Law
- Global Business, Government & Society
- Foreign Exchange Market & Purchasing Power
- Global Marketing Basics
- Crisis Management and International Business
- Culture & Ethics in International Business
- Social Responsibility in Corporations
- Required Assignments for Business 308
- Studying for Business 308